Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i just ordered some hard lowers from vic and am wondering if they come with the 12v outlet and/or iPod cable? If not the iPod cable, is it possible to move the cable from the rt saddlebag to the left compartment? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hey all, i just ordered some hard lowers from vic and am wondering if they come with the 12v outlet and/or iPod cable? If not the iPod cable, is it possible to move the cable from the rt saddlebag to the left compartment? Thanks in advance!
No the hard lowers do not come with the wiring or hardware for the 12v/iPod connectors. you can buy that separately and its basically plug and play installation, there is a connector under the tank it plugs into and a mount in the lowers.
It is possible and fairly easy to move the iPod connector from the bags up to the lower but you won't have a 12v power. If you do this remember to move the rubber plug from the lowers bracket to the hole in your bag to keep it water tight. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Keep in mind the power outlet kits from Vic , the Ipod wires , 2 are wired backwards right from the factory . I tried 3 kits and the Ipod had nothing but static . I contacted KevinX about it and he said he had run into this also and the kits were wired backwards . When you match up the connectors it is easy to see the incorrect wires , I just cut them and soldered them in correctly , its an easy fix once you have this information . The kit goes for 50.00 or so ,I think and I love having the power outlet and Ipod in the lowers . I also got the lock kit for mine also .

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind the power outlet kits from Vic , the Ipod wires , 2 are wired backwards right from the factory . I tried 3 kits and the Ipod had nothing but static . I contacted KevinX about it and he said he had run into this also and the kits were wired backwards . When you match up the connectors it is easy to see the incorrect wires , I just cut them and soldered them in correctly , its an easy fix once you have this information . The kit goes for 50.00 or so ,I think and I love having the power outlet and Ipod in the lowers . I also got the lock kit for mine also .
Thanks guys!
Can you have the lowers' lock keyed the same as your ignition?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks guys!
Can you have the lowers' lock keyed the same as your ignition?
They do not come with a key or lock set but it is $35 or so and is a cabinet lock type key and not anywhere close to the ignition key.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Hard lowers come just as the lowers, painted to match, but just the lowers. You can add the lock and ipod kit if you wish. They also have the large vent in the front you can open or close to your liking.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If you go with the hard lowers you will want to get the fairing winglets to complete the air control ....

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Maxx has what you need listed for sale. Although the cable is way long you can just roll it up in your fairing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Still amazes me that 4 years after they introduced the lightning connector Victory is still selling XC's with the 30-pin.

I know the Magnum's have the USB input which is a step up but you think they would have at least started offering a lightning cable accessory for the XC crowd.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
They also have the large vent in the front you can open or close to your liking.
Yes, so choose between frying the skin off your calves, thighs or nuts.....Oh wait, that's just my low heat tolerance talking ...:ltr:
Oh God, I sure hope those days are over :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Yes, so chose between frying the skin off your calves, thighs or nuts.....Oh wait, that's just my low heat tolerance talking ...:ltr:
Oh God, I sure hope those days are over :rolleyes:
Try running around Arizona or Nevada in the middle of June or July....Been there done that, no thanks.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, so choose between frying the skin off your calves, thighs or nuts.....Oh wait, that's just my low heat tolerance talking ...
Oh God, I sure hope those days are over

I rode in South Carolina two weeks ago with the new lowers and I'm not sure if it's the AF, ATS or the lowers, but it was hot on my thighs! WTF do you guys do in the summer? Remove the lowers? That means I have to move that damn iPod cable back to the saddlebag... beating- I don't mind doing that in the winter when I can only ride every couple of weeks or so anyway, but summer, I'd rather be riding-

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I rode in South Carolina two weeks ago with the new lowers and I'm not sure if it's the AF, ATS or the lowers, but it was hot on my thighs! WTF do you guys do in the summer? Remove the lowers? That means I have to move that damn iPod cable back to the saddlebag... beating- I don't mind doing that in the winter when I can only ride every couple of weeks or so anyway, but summer, I'd rather be riding-
You could try removing the cats if you want to keep the lowers... heat is a real issue for some modified XC's

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I rode in South Carolina two weeks ago with the new lowers and I'm not sure if it's the AF, ATS or the lowers, but it was hot on my thighs! WTF do you guys do in the summer?

We pull the tampon out and then it's just fine.

Seriously though, I just have the goody's ones and have no issues during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Still amazes me that 4 years after they introduced the lightning connector Victory is still selling XC's with the 30-pin.

I know the Magnum's have the USB input which is a step up but you think they would have at least started offering a lightning cable accessory for the XC crowd.
I am not arguing with you, but...
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - Apple

1 - 20 of 31 Posts