Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if I take off hard from a light I hear a chirp kinda like something is slipping or a like my rear tire breaks loose but I know that aint it. Also, If Im coasting under 20 mph like coming to a light or in traffic I hear something like a whoop whoop sound.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
13,254 Posts
Sounds like the belt is out of alingment.
Clutches don't cherp

·
13,254 Posts
MAINTENANCE
NOTE: To minimize change in belt tension, use LEFT
SIDE adjuster only (E) to make final adjustments to
belt alignment.
Rear Wheel Alignment - Final
D
E
4. Turn adjuster nuts (D) to achieve:
• Recommended belt tension
• Wheel alignment (marks equal both sides)
5. When is correct, check and adjust final
as follows:
6. Rotate thewheel BACKWARD. Tighten LEFTrear axle
adjuster until belt to track to right sprocket
flange (outboard) during backward wheel rotation.
7. Rotate the wheel in FORWARD direction. Loosen
LEFT rear axle adjuster until belt moves off the right
flange and begins to track to left sprocket flange
(inboard) during forward wheel rotation.
8. Tighten rear axle nut to 88 Nm (65 lb-ft).
9. Torque both axle adjuster nuts to 11 N-m (8 lb-ft).
10. Pump rear brake pedal several times to reset brake
pad distance.
11. Verify wheel rotates smoothly and freely without drag
when brake pedal is released.
belt tension
wheel alignment
begins
Be sure to keep axle seated forward
against axle adjusters during this procedure.
© 2009 Polaris Sales Inc.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last time I went by my dealer the tech checked out the bike, he heard nothing out of the ordinary. Said the belt was a touch tight, but he said that with the bike on the ground.

Oil Im using Vic oil

Ill try to mess with alignment, but the rear wheel wasnt messed with to get out of alignment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just remember 1 thing about the clutch cable not sure if its right or not. with the clutch lever left alone you can actually pull the cable housing out of the socket in the lever.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The last time I went by my dealer the tech checked out the bike, he heard nothing out of the ordinary. Said the belt was a touch tight, but he said that with the bike on the ground.

Oil Im using Vic oil

Ill try to mess with alignment, but the rear wheel wasnt messed with to get out of alignment.
He most likely checked the belt while it was warm too, so ya it probably felt a bit tight.
Its not necessary for something to happen to the back tire for the belt to need adjustment.

Regarding the cable at the housing: I just checked mine, it does pull a bit, but not much. That's on my '12 vegas though. Not sure what the spec is for an '09 KP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my xc does the same thing also does it after shifting to 2 gear only does it on very hard exceleration only in 1st and 2nd 15000 miles started around 13500 did an oil change this morning rode 250 miles today and has not done it all day?????

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd be lucky if I have 800 miles since last oil change. Does smell burnt
HTML:
thou

·
Registered
35 Posts
not sure? like i said oil change has not done it but ill be taking it in to change rear tire in about 1000 mile will ask dealer to check out while doing all other 15k service

·
Registered
82 Posts
you dont need to mess with alignment, just look and see if it is on the inner or otter edge. If it is adjust it if in middle it wont need to be adjusted. Then check tension and be done with it. Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts