Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone just remove the trunk lid on a CCT ? if so which bolts need to come out.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks like a 2 person job any way you go at it. One way looks as though the backrest would have to come off to get at the 8 bolts on top half of hinge. The other way would be what looks like a 10mm and 2 allen bolts, in the lower half of hinge. Either way you'll have to support the weight of the lid.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know your end goal but on my Vision I found it easier to remove the top half at the hinges under the speaker covers. Just remember to undo the teether inside first. If I remember correctly I took off the rear backrest to expose the speaker cover screws. Then I removed those to expose the hinges. Wasn't really difficult and I did it by myself.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There is YouTube video that doctor witch place removed trunk lid doing rear speaker install.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
My CCT trunk lid was replaced under warranty. They handed me the new one and I replaced it myself at home. I don't recall it being much of an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My CCT trunk lid was replaced under warranty. They handed me the new one and I replaced it myself at home. I don't recall it being much of an issue.
ok question.. how many and which bolts did you need to remove ?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
ok question.. how many and which bolts did you need to remove ?
I removed my lid last year while working on my stereo. if I recall, it was just the 4 hinge bolts (2 per side) that held the hinge to the trunk body. Don't forget to remove the tether and be careful of the brake light wire.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed my lid last year while working on my stereo. if I recall, it was just the 4 hinge bolts (2 per side) that held the hinge to the trunk body. Don't forget to remove the tether and be careful of the brake light wire.
Thanks Broggyr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts