Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can explain this.

Instructions say....

Base line settings for the Victory unit will come through at:

Green 3.5 Yellow 4 Red 2 Green/Blue 0 Yellow 3.5 Red/Blue 0

What's confusing me is there are TWO Yellows... one at 4, the other at 3.5

The other question is, how do you know when it's at 3.5 versus 3 or 4 or 5?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
The second yellow isnt just yellow is it yellow blue or something? The first three colors are your settings the others are sensativity. The settings they give are rich so be ready to drop them. The 1/2 settings flash faster if i remember correctly.

Green sets idle to cruise, yellow is accel pump, red is wot setting. the lower the setting on the green and red the leaner, the higher on the sensativity the longer it takes for them to come in. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The second yellow isnt just yellow is it yellow blue or something? The first three colors are your settings the others are sensativity. The settings they give are rich so be ready to drop them. The 1/2 settings flash faster if i remember correctly.

Green sets idle to cruise, yellow is accel pump, red is wot setting. the lower the setting on the green and red the leaner, the higher on the sensativity the longer it takes for them to come in. Good luck!

Thanks... that's what I sorta thought re: the second yellow.

With my "mods", I set them according to what's suggested in the manual. I've put on quite a few miles since and on checking the plugs, there's no indication of a rich condition. If anything, a bit on the lean side as the insulator shows no sign of tan at all. Think I'll bump the Green and Yellow up 1/2 notch.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
What mods do you have? When i had a vfc i couldnt get it leaned out enough and pulled it. Dyno show mine was pig rich.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
No i looked at your page though, im pretty much the same, run my wheel at 8° and have thrush glasspacks though. Elevation and enviroment are probably big differences for us.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i looked at your page though, im pretty much the same, run my wheel at 8° and have thrush glasspacks though. Elevation and enviroment are probably big differences for us.

You can't see my sig where it shows what mods I have?

This is what you should see....

Live to Love - Love to Ride
Life's a Venture on my Victory
----------------------------
Lloydz Air Filter
Lloydz Timing Wheel
Lloydz VFC-III
CATs removed
02s disconnected
Stage 1 flash
HD Trunk Rack
FIAAM Air Horn
PIAA 1100x Lamps
D&D Slip-on Mufflers
------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Oh and you have stage one flash and i dont. No i cant see signatures with my phone.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Haha working on it, the app doesnt work right with my phone anymore. I have troubles with especially other tapatalk apps also.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Silvr,
I got the VFC from Lloydz. He set it for my mods which are as follows:
D&D's, O2 unplugged, Lloydz Air filter, and VFC-III.
The bike runs very good so far but I have only been on a 30 mile ride since done.

I have the settings in the garage somewhere if you'd like to compare the settings? I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silvr,
I got the VFC from Lloydz. He set it for my mods which are as follows:
D&D's, O2 unplugged, Lloydz Air filter, and VFC-III.
The bike runs very good so far but I have only been on a 30 mile ride since done.

I have the settings in the garage somewhere if you'd like to compare the settings? I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.
I'd really appreciate that ... if for nothing else but to see how it compares to 3 different "suggested" settings in the manual.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd really appreciate that ... if for nothing else but to see how it compares to 3 different "suggested" settings in the manual.
Hey SilvrT...I have a VFC III and the settings I got came from Lloyd. I gave him my setup and he told me a setting to try...figured why not ask the guy who developed it?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey SilvrT...I have a VFC III and the settings I got came from Lloyd. I gave him my setup and he told me a setting to try...figured why not ask the guy who developed it?!?!?!
I emailed Lloydz several days ago... no response :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
There is no set standard for the settings, in the instructions there should be a guide for adjusting it. The settings lloyd gives are a starting point. If you call and talk to danny he will give you some more generic numbers out of his book. If i were any of you and you want a good answer call Rylan. But its gotta work with your bike, best thing to do is ride it and see how it reacts and make adjustment. Pull your sidecover, take it for a ride, stop, adjust, ride some more.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Done by Lloyd himself for the mods I told him I had.
Mods are
Lloydz Hi flow air filter
Oxy sensor unplugged
D&D's wrapped version
VFC-III set from Lloyd at
G-3.5, Y-4, R-1, G/B-0, Y/B-5, R/B-3

Bike starts better definately seems to run better all the way through.
BUT, that being said, it has still been cold in PA. I only have about 35-40 of time on it yet. Haven't run it up past 75 yet either so, yes it runs better but time and more miles will truly tell.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great info so far but..... I'm still not clear on how to differentiate when the setting is at, for example, 3 or 3.5

Can anyone explain this using just one of the colors... perhaps the Green.

Where should the light(s) be when it's at 3?

Where should the lights be when at 3.5?

Are they flashing or not?

Is there one light or two?

Maybe I've just not "messed" with it enough to understand but some guidance would be much appreciated and maybe I'm not the only one who is confused about this (I hope! LOL).

I guess maybe I should pose this question to Lloydz instead?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
When your setting it you push the button it will light say the 3rd one then i think when you go to hit the button it will flash quickly thats 1/2. My experience with my bike i ended up down at 1-1 1/2, it was still rich on the bottom so i pulled it and got a pcv.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's how I think it works:

for Green, my initial setting was 3.5 from Lloyd, and the #3 and 4 lights are lit. Pressing the + has the #4 only light, press + again and #4 and 5 are lit. I take that to be 4.5.

This info is worth what you paid for it, YMMV.

I was experiencing popping when shifting, and harsh tip in. The throttle would just drop off suddenly when below 2K rpm, and it would take more throttle slowly. Made it feel jerky at slow speed. Moved the green from 3.5 to 4.5 and after a 30 min ride the popping is gone and the tip in is much smoother.

Good luck.

2010 XC, Vic performance filter, Ness Big Honkers, ATW @ +4 degrees
VFC III set to 4.5, 0, 1, 0, 6, 3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts