Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Stage 1 Calibration Cardfor my 2011 Kingpin. Found someone who didn't need thier unused card. It's for a 2008 Victory. I'm being told by several that the card number doesn't matter, as long as it's unused. Once the card number is entered by the Tech, he picks the appropreate download for the year and model of the bike. True ???

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..... Lots of looks

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Why not ring yr local Vic dealer and ask em?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are at least a few.

Local Vic dealer is a multi-brand that picked up Vic a year ago. Called them. They're so wet behind the ears that they can't give me an answer on what a download costs. Nothing against them, they're just very young and inexperienced.

Figured I'd throw it out here and see if anyone knew, before I contacted a dealer 4 hours away.

Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm not a real certified Victory mechanic, I just play one on the internet. I'm going to say that what your hearing is true- I believe the barcode scan of the card gets you into the digital wrench program and then the tech can choose the appropriate download.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a real certified Victory mechanic, I just play one on the internet. I'm going to say that what your hearing is true- I believe the barcode scan of the card gets you into the digital wrench program and then the tech can choose the appropriate download.
Thank you!

·
13,177 Posts
Maybe if you said where your at we could tell you a dealer or a tuning center
"where the front wheel is pointed" doesn't get it or you any help

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe if you said where your at we could tell you a dealer or a tuning center
"where the front wheel is pointed" doesn't get it or you any help
I'm in the Lynchburg, VA area. Used to be a very good dealer 5 mins from the house.... till he dropped Vics because of the floorplan corporate was shoving down his throat. He had to drop them or go under. Still a very good wrench, but no Vic computer or anything now. Hilltop in Wytheville is awesome. 4 or so hours away. He's been working on and tuning Vics since the start. BIG multi-brand dealer in Roanoke. Nice folks. Called service dept. and after 4 calls and 2 weeks, they still weren't sure what download or how much it cost. Nice enough and they try hard.... just young and inexperienced is the perception I get. The newer downloads (for closed loop) don't require you to adjust "increments and decrements" like the old downloads did. Without a dyno, or at least an A/F ratio sniffer, adjusting these were more of an art form. The new downloads are just a data dump, nothing more. I think the Roanoke guys can do that OK. I just want to make sure that any unused card will allow the tech to choose a download. It would be nice to know which specific download to tell them to use.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts