Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

I put the Victory saddle bag kit in, with the Vic speakers, etc. I also put in the WD Alpine speaks and RF amp in the front. My question is this: do you guys set the balance or "fade" as it is called on the XC equal, or do you set a little more in the rears to get a more "full" sound when on the bike? On my setup it seems I hear the fronts WAY more than the rears. I have the setting equal.

Obviously the RF amp is a lot stronger than the Vic one in the rear, which could be part of the issue, proximity to the front, etc.

Interested in hearing what you guys have set.

Thanx dudes....cheers

Larry C

·
Registered
95 Posts
I fade mine equally and I can still hear the fronts but all I have is the stock kickers up front with no amp. So since your front stage is ampilfied, Im sure you need to fade it more to the rears.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I fade mine equally and I can still hear the fronts but all I have is the stock kickers up front with no amp. So since your front stage is ampilfied, Im sure you need to fade it more to the rears.
I agree . :I agree: Redbone , do you find the WD front kit is a great upgrade from stock and worth the money ? I was contemplating this mod . Thanks man .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree . :I agree: Redbone , do you find the WD front kit is a great upgrade from stock and worth the money ? I was contemplating this mod . Thanks man .
Lilmags it is WELL worth it in my opinion, and a significant upgrade from the factory Kickers. To get better you'd have to do some serious mods to the housing, etc. For a direct replacement this is fantastic. And it's a no brainer to install.

The amp is much stronger than the Vic on in the rear (300w vs 100w) so I'm sure that's why the fronts are so much louder. I think I will play around more with the fading and see how that works out.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks Redbone !cheers

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm one of the guys that kept my RF PBR300X4 using it with a custom made wiring kit from V Twin Audio to connect the rear to the amp so you can utilize your fade control.

At 75 watts per channel the efficiency of this amp to the Vic 6X9 component speakers in the rear and the JL Audio's 6.5 in the front is excellent. My sound stage is actually pretty even although I tend to fade a little to the rear at times. To answer your question.

Anyone thinking of doing Vic lids would be impressed with the outcome even using the factory 6X9 offerings. 50 watts is just a safe amount of power to these speakers. 75 seems to be the ticket. Impressed so far at how hard these speakers hit. Nothing but compliments from anyone that hears them. Blows away the sound system upgrade from HD which is available in their CVO models as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Whether I'm on the bike or in the truck, I an usually the only one driving. So, I'll set the fade to where the sound seems 'balanced' between the front and rear. That is the whole point of it anyway :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts