Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who move state to state seasonally...what do you do for medicare supplements to cover you in both locations? Do you just pay for out of network when out of your initial local plan area? I am close to becoming a snow bird and want to try to cover my butt without losing it on "medigap" insurance or deductibles.

Obviously if "you" are to choose, let's say Blue Cross, they have a multi state presence. If you enroll using address in state A, you get that network and rates but if you travel to state B for winter and need medical or drugs (drugs may be different based on provider..Walgreens/CVS etc) you are out of network.

TIA

·
12,984 Posts
The neighbor guy has medical coverage. He just found out from the IRS it is not Obama approved and is getting fined cause of it.

Call your provider and ask if you in another state for a moth or so will they cover you

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BCBS, but it is custom and subsidized by the Georgia retirement system.
The customized and subsidized probably makes the difference. I also have a BCBS medicare advantage plan but mine is subsidized by my wallet..:laugh

I know when I was in Colorado a few years back and went to an "immediate care" facility they paid most and denied quite a bit. It was all out of network too. I think I had to pay about $50.00.
I am more concerned with regular doctor office visits, non emergency room or immediate care places being covered while out of state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts