Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get a spray of water off the ignition switch/brackets on the left side of the motor? If you did and fixed it, how did you?

My left leg has a spray that drips right into my boots. Seems like a pretty bad design flaw, that and the seat are my only gripes, besides that I love my Vegas!

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Do you get a spray of water off the ignition switch/brackets on the left side of the motor? If you did and fixed it, how did you?

My left leg has a spray that drips right into my boots. Seems like a pretty bad design flaw, that and the seat are my only gripes, besides that I love my Vegas!
Is this a joke?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is this a joke?
The only part of me get gets wet when I ride in the rain is my left leg from a spray of water off the engine or ignition coil/key bracket. My tank isn't see through so I can't tell exactly where it's coming from to correct it....

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
The only part of me get gets wet when I ride in the rain is my left leg from a spray of water off the engine or ignition coil/key bracket. My tank isn't see through so I can't tell exactly where it's coming from to correct it....
I have ridden in torrential downpours on my jackpot, with full body rain suit, and it still came trough .... On my CCT same, completely soaked

I actually like riding in the rain, doesnt bother me ..

Many times i ride my CCT with 30 km/h trough a 20 Cm puddle of water and it is just a real site to see, ha ha ha
LANDYACHT INDEED

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have ridden in torrential downpours on my jackpot, with full body rain suit, and it still came trough .... On my CCT same, completely soaked

I actually like riding in the rain, doesnt bother me ..

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Nice bike! I love riding period. I just found it odd the first time in the rain that my left boot was full of water and my right was dry, thought maybe I was sitting crooked or something. Then the last time I was in the rain I looked down and there was a steady stream coming off the left side straight to just below my knee.

Suggestions for rain gear? I'm worried about it melting to the exhaust. On my sport bike I only needed a jacket, rest of me was tucked behind the fairings.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Frogs

I got a brand called "Frogs". Got them on sale at Cabelas a few years back. Got both jacket and pants for $30. Good deal. NOTE: It does not rain a lot in Arizona, but I carry it all the time with me. They look like paper almost, very light and fold up very small. They are not made the strongest, but they breath when you wear them, unlike a lot of rain gear. I carry them in the saddle bags and have got used more than once for an extra outer layer to help keep me warm on rides were no I did not take heavy enough gear to stay warm. If you got the time look around it can be very expensive to buy if you by name brand stuff or if you try to buy it from a bike shop stuck in a storm. Bought a good heavy duty set years ago, ordered it in from a dealer and yes they lasted good, they to could melt I found out, they also made me sweat to much. Good luck. If you are willing to pay for a good set you might research it at "Areostich" or maybe "Revzilla". Just some ideas. You might get some good suggestions from forum members on here that live in wetter environments.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I can't help but after adjusting the lower air deflectors I now have the same issue in one of my Visions. Left leg soaked, everything else dry. :frown So I know your issue and being I ride rain or shine I've showed up more than once with one wet leg.

I also found once when riding through flood waters the air deflectors work just as well with water. I had them turned in cause it was hot and when I got the water I was flooded. Made me laugh pretty hard.

As for rain gear I have found these pants to be awesome. I've tried several others like the Frogg Toggs but always had them soak through in the crotch.

Tour Master Sentinel 2.0 Rain Pants XL

As for a jacket I keep a Frogg Toggs jacket on the bike but if I know I'm going through heavy rain I use my Victory Tour jacket. It's a great jacket and if you can find one you should pick it up. It's my primary cold weather jacket but without the liner and the vents open it works in warmer weather. However, anything over 85 I'll just get wet or use the Frogg Toggs jacket. Texas is just hot.

·
Registered
483 Posts
People who.... Objects that...

Men who drive trucks... trucks that have bed liners...

Those who ride in the rain get wet.
Trucks that have bed liners are driven by guys who use protection. You can't just put anything in your bed... Without protection. That's crazy!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Note that the breathable Frogg Toggs are HIGHLY susceptible to melting if they even brush the pipes for an instant. When riding in the rain and using Frogg Toggs, I always wear nylon leg/rubber sole rain boots that come up to my knees. These go over the Frogg Toggs and prevent or at least reduce the risk of melting the FT's.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Note that the breathable Frogg Toggs are HIGHLY susceptible to melting if they even brush the pipes for an instant. When riding in the rain and using Frogg Toggs, I always wear nylon leg/rubber sole rain boots that come up to my knees. These go over the Frogg Toggs and prevent or at least reduce the risk of melting the FT's.
Good call. I forgot about the two pairs I've melted.

One by standing next to my bike while the pipes were hot. Never made contact but melted holes easily.

The second I was working as a volunteer at the rodeo and standing in front of a propane heater in a to tent on a cold wet day. I was at least two feet away but the heat melted a huge hole in my right cheek. I didn't even know till I rubbed my hands on the back of my pants to wipe them off. It was the first time I wore them after replacing the pair I melted with my bike.

The pants I added a link to have heat shields built in.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Trucks that have bed liners are driven by guys who use protection. You can't just put anything in your bed... Without protection. That's crazy!
I rarely wear raingear and dont drive a truck.
Possibly Im different....

I will add that RPW Slash pipes on a Vegas are great for warming up the lower inside of my right leg...my kevlar jeans now have a hole burnt through and my leathers are a little toasted...nice pipes but.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I took some ironing board material and stuck it on the part next to the pipes..

True story.. bought 2 new sets of Frogg Toggs for my wife and my son for a trip down to the Dragon. Got caught out in the rain on a ride.. so everyone put on their wet gear. Before we left the parking lot both my wife and my son had melted their brand new never-been-used Toggs through on their pipe.. w/in a MINUTE of me warning them about it. After that I bought some heat resistant material online and glues them on the leg holes they made. Worked for years after that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts