Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Vegas and have two that I am considering.

One is a 2006 with 2000miles, stage 1 and sissy bar in like new condition for $7500.

The other option would be to purchase a 2011 demo with around 2000miles with the 2 year warranty for $11600.

I think they are pretty much the same with the exception being a slightly larger motor and newer speedo in the 2011. I would probably prefer to spend less but don't know if the 2011 is worth the extra cost considering the condition is the same and I will lose more depreciation cost from the new one compared to the 2006. Thanks!

What would you do?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Buy the 06 and spend the savings on fuel.thumb up

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would go with the 06. With the extra cash,,there's alot of things you can add to the bike if you want.thumb up

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd go with the '06 & like Vic 8 says use the money to "make it your own". No matter which one you buy, once you become aware of available mods, you'll be spending something on either! Also, I'd be leery of the demo bike - don't know how much hell it's been thru on demo days, regardless of what the dealer might say. Good luck & enjoy!!!

thumb up
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Vegas and have two that I am considering.

One is a 2006 with 2000miles, stage 1 and sissy bar in like new condition for $7500.

The other option would be to purchase a 2011 demo with around 2000miles with the 2 year warranty for $11600.

I think they are pretty much the same with the exception being a slightly larger motor and newer speedo in the 2011. I would probably prefer to spend less but don't know if the 2011 is worth the extra cost considering the condition is the same and I will lose more depreciation cost from the new one compared to the 2006. Thanks!

What would you do?

·
Registered
91 Posts
An afterthought - if you're not in a hurry, try to find one from a private seller rather than a dealer. I bought my '05 in June of '09 after spending a couple of months looking. It had 4,000 1-owner miles on it and I got it for $6,500!! Took it to the dealer, had them go over it and they said the thing was like brand new & not even broken in yet. I got lucky - you might too if you're willing to be patient. I found it on Craig's list of all places!! If nothing else, have fun looking!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been looking for a month or so and on craigslist too...I have found some but nowhere near $6500 most are asking $8000 and up...you got a great deal and I bet it had a lot to do with it being 2009 and we all know what happened to the economy just before that. I think getting the 06 for roughly half price with a stage one and like new is a good deal. Thanks for all the advice everyone...will be getting the 06!:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great - glad to be of assistance!! thumb up

For what it's worth, both eBay & Craig's list are great sources for parts & accessories, as well as the classified sections of this forum & the others out there.

Have fun "tweekin" it!

Congrats!!!!!!

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
+++ on the 2006

Any pics, yet?

I went with an 06 VV for 7500 OTD from a car dealer about 1 year ago.

1500 miles with a stage 1 kit. I looked for quite a while. This was in Az.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts