Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have had a 99 v92, and am now looking at a 05 TC. Just wondering what a fair price would be. There is a small bit of rust on the radiator, dent in the tank, broken right mirror, ripped padding on the rear back rest and needs a new battery. The person selling the bike says it is about 2k below kbb. I looked and that is for excellent condition, retail value. Is that what should be considered or should it be trade in value? Trade in value is closer to what the actual price is that he is asking.
Thanks for any input.
Bo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will be more specific to see if I can get an answer, he is asking 5K for the bike, sounds like it is a good price to me but I am sure there are more people here that know more about these things than me. I have photos of the above things but cannot post them yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Research

IMHO Without pictures and more info it is hard to say what it is worth. How many miles? Any upgrades to bike ie exhaust intake? Have you even heard it run? One owner? Service records etc. I would suggest you look around and see what similar bikes with like equipment in good to excellent condition have sold for and are on the market for. Check to see approximately what it will cost to repair the bike or replace the parts you want. Also I would not use KBB for value I would look up NADA (National Auto Dealers Association) value is. I believe that would be a more accurate value. With this information you should be able to decide if it is a good deal or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more info

The bike has 28k miles, the owner says he has the original pipes so I make the assumption that the ones on there are after market. I am going to look at/ride it this Sat, though I am fairly committed, if there is a deal breaker I have the option of backing out. Hopefully the link below works, he sent photos of the things that are wrong with it. The mirror & battery which would be the main concerns to me are under $200 to get replaced(I called my local dealer) the other thing I did not ask about, though he said it runs ok w/out it is the throttle sensor.

Looking at NADA, and other bikes I have seen on CL/Ebay, he is in the ball park on the price, maybe just a tad high w/some of the defects but it is the only one remotely near me & in good running order.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh506/bo2beaux/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts