Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend gave me a TomTom Rider (2005 vintage) GPS. However he did not remove the mount specific hard power cord when he got rid of his BMW and got his Victory XC. I've tried to locate one with no luck. TomTom no longer makes the cord(but does support map updates, $50.00). I located one on Amazon, but it's in Italy, $29.90+ $40.00 shipping. Located some in the UK but the end doesn't look the same from the picture. I have a question out to the vendor though. Radio Shack has nothing like it, said it was a propietary type plug. For the costs I may just have to get another car type. Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
659 Posts
A friend gave me a TomTom Rider (2005 vintage) GPS. However he did not remove the mount specific hard power cord when he got rid of his BMW and got his Victory XC. I've tried to locate one with no luck. TomTom no longer makes the cord(but does support map updates, $50.00). I located one on Amazon, but it's in Italy, $29.90+ $40.00 shipping. Located some in the UK but the end doesn't look the same from the picture. I have a question out to the vendor though. Radio Shack has nothing like it, said it was a propietary type plug. For the costs I may just have to get another car type. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Take it apart and hard wire it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a thought. But then I would have to leave the mount on the bike permantly, which is not my intention. Thanks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TomTom Rider GPS clips into a motorcycle specific mount. On the back of the GPS are 4 gold contacts the make contact with the mount and then that (the mount) has a 2 pin oval type connector out the bottom. My local Radio Shack said that was a special TomTom type connector. They had not seen one like it. The hard wire cord/cable is what is needed. If I wasn't worried about keeping the weather protection, I could find another mount and use a USB type cord. By the time I mess with that, update the map, etc, I think it's cheaper to buy a car type, again, and use my Aqua Box. If anyone has an old TomTom motorcycle GPS laying around, I'm in need of that hard wire power cord.. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts