Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm now returning the $535 Arai helmet I want to use the $$ to do something I've had my mind on for quite a while. Help me out with this, thanks.
I want to change the bars. I've been running my stock set in a slightly elevated position since year one. l'd like these things from the new bar: 1. Slightly more pull back 2. Better wrist angle 3. Better looks and 4. Utilize the stock cables.
Any suggestions?
thanks

I'll likely be going with a hydraulic clutch also.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vicbaggers Tarzanz bars are great. I have +3 up +1 back. I am 6' and they are perfect for me.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vicbaggers Tarzanz bars are great. I have +3 up +1 back. I am 6' and they are perfect for me.
How's the hand angles compared to stock? Any chance you could post a pic of your bars?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Since I'm now returning the $535 Arai helmet I want to use the $$ to do something I've had my mind on for quite a while. Help me out with this, thanks.
I want to change the bars. I've been running my stock set in a slightly elevated position since year one. l'd like these things from the new bar: 1. Slightly more pull back 2. Better wrist angle 3. Better looks and 4. Utilize the stock cables.
Any suggestions?
thanks

I'll likely be going with a hydraulic clutch also.
You'll just have to ride my Heli-Bar-equipped XCT one of these days, and see what you think. Unless you don't want to part with quite that much coin.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll just have to ride my Heli-Bar-equipped XCT one of these days, and see what you think. Unless you don't want to part with quite that much coin.
Yea..I just can't spring for Heli's :(
I'm leaning toward the Ness Modulars in black, but that is at the top of my price range.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yea..I just can't spring for Heli's :(
I'm leaning toward the Ness Modulars in black, but that is at the top of my price range.
Okay, gotcha, duly noted. You'll have to ride the bike, anyway, sometime. Busy this week, watching grandkids, but maybe one of your Wednesdays off in a week or two...

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, gotcha, duly noted. You'll have to ride the bike, anyway, sometime. Busy this week, watching grandkids, but maybe one of your Wednesdays off in a week or two...
Yes we should....I haven't seen you in a dog's age(that's 7 years longer than a persons age...LOL)
As nice as it is around here today, I won't be getting any riding in either. I've got a few things I need to take care of that actually don't involve a motorcycle.....really :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
...and I don't believe I have ever met Bill. We should plan something.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...and I don't believe I have ever met Bill. We should plan something.
I've been protecting you two from each other...... ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just put a set of taranz on my 14cc. What a great add to my bike. Amazed at how much better it feels as I had no complaints before. Am short at 5'8" so I went 2 back 1 up. Couldn't be happier with them and Vicbaggers is tremendous. Ric helped me find the custom color I wanted and made it super easy.

Attachments

Reactions: PaiN

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
They look great and aren't expensive either. I might have a winter project lol

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I haven't seen you in a dog's age(that's 7 years longer than a persons age...LOL
I'm just picking nits here, but if a dog ages 7 years for every one of ours, then a dog's age would be 1/7th of a person age, not 7 years longer.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
As long as we're going to go there how fast does a nit age????

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
As long as we're going to go there how fast does a nit age????
I believe the formula is something like:

2d+p=n

where d = dog, p = person, n = nit

Reactions: Ghost_Rider

·
Registered
25 Posts
How's the hand angles compared to stock? Any chance you could post a pic of your bars?
I will try to post a pic up tonight. For me the angles are perfect, I could do a +4 but that would push the stock cables. You can roll them forward or back for more or lees height. I just measured my stockers then positioned them 3" higher. I feel like my arms are just below my shoulder when riding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Makes perfect sense but I suck at that ****

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will try to post a pic up tonight. For me the angles are perfect, I could do a +4 but that would push the stock cables. You can roll them forward or back for more or lees height. I just measured my stockers then positioned them 3" higher. I feel like my arms are just below my shoulder when riding.
Thanks for the info. and the pic will be appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a question for you. How flexible are your Helibars? I just put a set on and I can move them inward toward each other fairly easily. One finger on the outside of each grip and I can push them together more than a quarter inch. That seems strange to me. I am wondering if that flexibility is what is adding to my right elbow problems from the vibrations they must be transmitting through the bars.

So I dont completely derail the thread, I will add that I set the angle of the grips about one dot off from each other. I have left arm problems from a car wreck years ago and being able to adjust the one side independently was awesome for me. The bars I ordered for my 2010 came with a new brake line. The clutch line and throttle lines are at the limit of what they will stretch. I had to take them out of the holders at the neck. 6'2, 35" inseam

·
13,263 Posts
I have a question for you. How flexible are your Helibars? I just put a set on and I can move them inward toward each other fairly easily. One finger on the outside of each grip and I can push them together more than a quarter inch. That seems strange to me. I am wondering if that flexibility is what is adding to my right elbow problems from the vibrations they must be transmitting through the bars.

So I dont completely derail the thread, I will add that I set the angle of the grips about one dot off from each other. I have left arm problems from a car wreck years ago and being able to adjust the one side independently was awesome for me. The bars I ordered for my 2010 came with a new brake line. The clutch line and throttle lines are at the limit of what they will stretch. I had to take them out of the holders at the neck. 6'2, 35" inseam
sounds like your handlebar isolators are worn out
Motorcycle Service Parts - Part Finder | Victory Motorcycles

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Hey PaiN, have you looked at the victory mitered mini apes?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts