Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy my first victory decided to go with a vision wanted to know used or new,right now used is more my price range
i found a 2008 vision 16k miles custom paint,exhuast,backrest,luggage rack,no tour pack for $12,900.what to look for on a used vision besides the obvious.thinking of adding reverse heavy bike short legs.lol for parking in grass,gravel,slopes.liking the premium models should i get a new one.and extended waranty on a used or new bike
been riding for 25 years,i ride 1k miles a month debating about a.b.s brakes.i ride all year round been riding other than voctory american made bikes all my life.looking to switch,tour pack not important right now,but for long trips it would be nice been reading up on victorys and vsions.have 3k and a trade in any advice would be helpful.:confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Personally I would stay away from an 08. I know quite a few people that had electrical issues plus its the first year production.

I say go for a used 2010 if you can afford it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks avoid 2008 ill see if i can find somthing newer used still looking thanks

·
13,262 Posts
ok thanks avoid 2008 ill see if i can find somthing newer used still looking thanks
What part of the country do you live in? There are some really good deals out there. You can find a lot with extra warranty on them. If you find one thats not at a victory deal get the vin number and go to your local dealer and ask if up dates have been done or in my case I bought a 08 but it was made at the tail end of 08 and all recalls were done. For what your going to spend you should find one with low millage on it. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
northern calif area
i only have 3 dealers in my area,ones 45 min away,there other two.hour and a half depending on traffic,wich concerns me so little dealers in the area,so far to go if somthing goes wrong.the 45 min dealer,me and the misses didnt like,he didnt offer a test ride.tried to talk me out of a vison and into a cross country and he said the vision has small saddle bags.gave em our imfo and they never called us back.not comparing my other than victory american made bike theres repair shops everywhere.dealers everywhere 15 min ride,i know victorys are reliable.i wanted to get all the imfo here before buying one.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
northern calif, i only have 3 dealers in my area ones 45 min away there other two,hr and a half depending on traffic :ltr: wich concerns me so little dealers in the area so far to go.if somthing goes wrong the 45 min dealer.me and the misses didnt like,didnt offer a test ride tried to talk me out of a vison and into a cross country and said the vision has small saddle bags,gave em our imfo they never called us back.not comparing my other than victory american made bike theres repair shops everywhere,dealers everywhere 15 min ride i know victorys are reliable.wanted to get all the imfo here before buying one
Boy, is it just me, or could we all use a little more care with the punctuation? Hard to read your posts if they're all one long sentence.

As far as your dealer not living up to your expectations, you're only rating your salesperson there. The dealer could have a great service department, and a lousy salesman. Don't let the lousy salesman influence your purchase. Maybe he's getting a fatter commission on the Cross Country, or maybe they're low on Vision stock. He's just thinking about his commission.

Distance to dealer might be a bigger factor if you will have them do all the work on your bike, and perhaps the maintenance as well. If you don't mind holding a tool in your hand, I doubt you'll be taking many 45min emergency trips.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
northern calif, i only have 3 dealers in my area ones 45 min away there other two,hr and a half depending on traffic :ltr: wich concerns me so little dealers in the area so far to go.if somthing goes wrong the 45 min dealer.me and the misses didnt like,didnt offer a test ride tried to talk me out of a vison and into a cross country and said the vision has small saddle bags,gave em our imfo they never called us back.not comparing my other than victory american made bike theres repair shops everywhere,dealers everywhere 15 min ride i know victorys are reliable.wanted to get all the imfo here before buying one

You're in my neck of the woods. I live in Marysville. The local to me which is just 5 miles away in Yuba City lost the sale of my bike in 2006 because the owner is a JERK!! The salesman was great. That was 4 years ago. A few months ago I decided to go back and see if things have changed. He's still a jerk so I go to Santa Rosa Vee Twin for all my needs. Thats almost 2 hours from me.

Maintenance on the bike is extremely simple. You won't need the dealer for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well since im being graded on this forum,maybe ill go somewhere else for advice,the harley forum didnt give me a bad time for grammer.maybe ill stick with a harley then thanks guys
merry christmas

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
well since im being graded on this forum,maybe ill go somewhere else for advice,the harley forum didnt give me a bad time for grammer.maybe ill stick with a harley then thanks guys
merry christmas
Boy, you know exactly what to base your decisions on. :crzy:

I said it was hard to understand what you're saying - didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But if you're butt hurt over that, please, by all means, go ride a Harley... and when someone asks you why you chose it, tell 'em it's because someone hurt your feelings on a forum. :ltr:

Merry Christmas to you as well. cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
didnt hurt my fealings at all, i find it hilarios,butt hurt youre a funny guy :ltr: ive owned harleys since i was 15,my dad rode harleys my grandad rode em.so excuse me for not jumping brands just yet.came here looking for advice and found comedy.and good advice yeah not many dealers in sac area or northern calif.arizona victory has a fly and ride promotion

http://cdn-8.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/arizonavictory/flyandrideprogram.pdf

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
didnt hurt my fealings at all, i find it hilarios,butt hurt youre a funny guy :ltr:
Well, I generally take things lightly and didn't mean to sound too serious. :D

ive owned harleys since i was 15,my dad rode harleys my grandad rode em.so excuse me for not jumping brands just yet.
Look, if it was up to me (and it isn't), I would love for all Harley guys to stay with Harley. I much prefer the rare flavor of my Victory when I'm out there riding it, and selfish as it sounds, I don't wish for everybody to ride one. That being said, I do realize it's not up to me what people buy and ride. So, as far as not jumping brands just yet, you're not just excused, but welcomed. cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
merry christmas
Good for you I geting ribbed about the jackpot I got this year.
I ask the harley guys how much is made in north america and they clam up.
Go get a harley if you like lots of repairs

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
If you can swing it you're probably better off getting a new Vision IMHO. The new trans is smoother with much less gear whine and there's a 3 year factory warranty.

If you do mostly Interstate/Freeway riding; the Vision is the way to go. It's basically the "Ultra" of the Victory's. Otherwise; I agree with the salesman. The bags are too small which is why the tour pack/trunk is needed. The XC (Cross Country) hard bags are huge so you can get by without a trunk for daily riding but you would probably still want a back rest for your lady.

I've noticed the trunk on mine has made it feel a little top heavy so I keep it empty whenever possible. Down the road when I can afford it; I'll pick up a back rest so my lady friend can still be comfortable and use the trunk w/rack on it for trips.

I dunno; you might like the looks of the Vision enough for it to be your choice. You might want to look at the 8 Ball Vision. You can put a taller windshield w/motor and get a detachable trunk for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah read on about a new trans or victory made it better 100k mile waranty.yeah 1k buck off assecories or cloths from victory, and a 3 year waranty and i can extend the waranty too.yeah thats why i came on here to get advice and not a speech about grammer ,:ltr: anyhow yeah not sure vision or cross country,vision has more and prob better in winter thanks for the advice and nit picking

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
yeah read on about a new trans or victory made it better 100k mile waranty.yeah 1k buck off assecories or cloths from victory, and a 3 year waranty and i can extend the waranty too.yeah thats why i came on here to get advice and not a speech about grammer ,:ltr: anyhow yeah not sure vision or cross country,vision has more and prob better in winter thanks for the advice and nit picking
So MD; when do you graduate from Sacramento Tech? Shouldn't be too long with your extensive knowledge.

Did you say you've had 3 Harley's already? Heck; you hardly need us forum peon's to give you any advice dude. By now you should have it pretty well figured out.

So are you going for the wide tire Vision or the Narrow tire Vision??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well halreys since i was 15,2 sporters.3 softtails and 1fxr,2 dynas and a road king lol.just came here for advice on victorys
sac tech ???
so far as victorys no 2008.2010 or newer.trans problems fixed still looking into vison or cross country.is abs worth getting ?? wide tire or narrow tire vision,let me guess its like harely newer bike wide tire.so new visions wide tire im assuming.if the bikes newer wide tire i guess.yeah looking at the cross country bigger bags,trunk for long trips back rest for short.thats why i signed up here advice for what to buy in a victory im new to the brand .

just here for advice guys,you guys leave em alone ill leave you alone.you wanna talk tech,advice or help we can do that,looking forward to posting photos of my next victory bike,talking tech and add ons with you guys

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
well halreys since i was 15,2 sporters.3 softtails and 1fxr,2 dynas and a road king lol.just came here for advice on victorys
sac tech ???
so far as victorys no 2008.2010 or newer.trans problems fixed...What trans problems??? still looking into vison or cross country.is abs worth getting ?? wide tire or narrow tire vision,...Is there a new Vision model out???let me guess its like harely newer bike wide tire.so new visions wide tire im assuming.if the bikes newer wide tire i guess.yeah looking at the cross country bigger bags,trunk for long trips back rest for short.thats why i signed up here advice for what to buy in a victory im new to the brand .

just here for advice guys,you guys leave em alone ill leave you alone.you wanna talk tech,advice or help we can do that,looking forward to posting photos of my next victory bike,talking tech and add ons with you guys

What??? Where are you getting your info??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts