Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Victory had wide tires before harley and the XC has the same tire as a vision. So you know I owned all the same bikes you did plus a few more harleys. I bought my vision and am never going back.
I am sure in the next two years victory and harley will be making styling changes. Harley is tired of the other manufactures taking away there customers. The compactions is working hard to build the better mouse trap. ABS is a great thing to have you don't know you have it till you need it. The best thing I can say is go to your dealer and work something out where you can go take the bike out for a day or even a half a day.
Check this video out there is 5 of them and I wouldn't have taken 3 months to decide on a vision if I would have seen this first. The victory will be different then the harley but I don't think you'll be disappointed.thumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
to diamondrmp here is where im getting imfo thats why i joined

bbob wrote
So MD; when do you graduate from Sacramento Tech? Shouldn't be too long with your extensive knowledge.

Did you say you've had 3 Harley's already? Heck; you hardly need us forum peon's to give you any advice dude. By now you should have it pretty well figured out.

So are you going for the wide tire Vision or the Narrow tire Vision??

thats why im here guys imfo on victorys,vision or cross country,i ride all year round, trans problems. someone told me here older victory had trans issues noise hard shifting cant find nuetral somtimes ? ,and 2008 had electrical problems, i found a used 08 told to stay away from it

to visionjohnny
cool video thanks yeah ive been riding long enuff i thaught abs would be nice just in case,harley,victory both usa. im liking the vision i called santa rosa v twin they sent me a brochure,a dvd,accessories catalog and buisness cards,in the mail. ill have to ride out check out the dealership sometime.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I see, there is no narrow vs wide tire Vision. That was Bbob bustin your chops! LOL
Ding, ding, ding!!

We have a winner!!!

Bravo Diamond! I was wondering if anyone would catch that little sideways dig. :) All in good fun ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
cool bike
funny one guys,like muffler bearings and turn signal fluid.yeah i read up the specs,on the vision looked like the same back tire to me in all model years
looking into the vsion.and the extras found some good,links on parts

·
13,262 Posts
cool bike
funny one guys,like muffler bearings and turn signal fluid.yeah i read up the specs,on the vision looked like the same back tire to me in all model years
looking into the vsion.and the extras found some good,links on parts
say how far you from Arlen Ness's store? This 08 your looking at if the recalls have been done then there should be no electrical issues. As for the tranie I went to amsoil 20 /50 and it quieted the trans a hole lot.
Buy what your wallet can afford don't go into big det with the way economy is now. In time you can up grade when your making big bucks thumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
the o8 vision i looked at, is at a dealer .thats why i aksked on here if i get a used bike what to look for,and if there worth looking at used or or get a new vision

Victory 2008 Vision Street Premium
cutom paint,Only 16,486 miles. Rider and passenger backrests, heated seats and grips, low-profile Blade power windshield, am/fm/wb/mp3 stereo, custom blue and gray paint accents, chrome luggage rack. Lowered, black tinted brake light and front turn signals, low profile windshield. Cruise control, chrome handlebar controls, MPG and fuel range indicators. Powerful 106" Freedom V-Twin, 6-speed overdrive transmission.trailer hitch
Our Price: $12,799

Attachments

·
13,262 Posts
the o8 vision i looked at, is at a dealer .thats why i aksked on here if i get a used bike what to look for,and if there worth looking at used or or get a new vision

Victory 2008 Vision Street Premium
cutom paint,Only 16,486 miles. Rider and passenger backrests, heated seats and grips, low-profile Blade power windshield, am/fm/wb/mp3 stereo, custom blue and gray paint accents, chrome luggage rack. Lowered, black tinted brake light and front turn signals, low profile windshield. Cruise control, chrome handlebar controls, MPG and fuel range indicators. Powerful 106" Freedom V-Twin, 6-speed overdrive transmission.trailer hitch
Our Price: $12,799
WOW looks great you'll have a thousand smiles ridding itthumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
the bikes sold just missed it still looking for a used bike in n calif

·
Registered
25 Posts
I test rode a wing, rocket 3 touring, harley ultra 103 ci. and 08 + 09 visions. The wing confirmed that I need a forward control bike because I am old with leg/knee problems so I did not try a BMW. I waited an extra 4 months to get a 2010 with ABS and hope I never need ABS. I also got reverse which is only easily fitted 09 onwards. The 09 tour comfort speakers are not as good as my 10 premium ones. The 08 bikes had a problem with headlights lenses cracking which I believe has been fixed. The 11 transmissions have helical cut gears with closer tolerances than earlier straight cut gears which while strong are noisier.Who knows what 2012 will bring or if I trade in 2015 what then. At least with victory I was encouraged to have a couple of long test rides without any pressure to buy. I love my big black 2010 tour premium and my wife is more than happy with it. I thought she was going to complain on one early ride when she tapped me on the shoulder and signalled for me to stop. She just wanted to try the heated seat out, how good is that?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Good for you I geting ribbed about the jackpot I got this year.
I ask the harley guys how much is made in north america and they clam up.
Go get a harley if you like lots of repairs
You actually get harley riders to speak to you??? wow...when I ride up on my victory..all their heads look upwards towards the heavens and the world goes silent.....

Ride Safe,

Rob

21 - 33 of 33 Posts