Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to score an 02 V92C. I'm somewhat familiar with the old Vics as I've owned a numbered 99 and an 04 Pin in the past.

I really liked the C and I'm tempted to jump on this 02 in pristine condition for $3K. Seems on OK deal with 28K on the clock. It has a cracked rubber intake boot which was a common problem back then. But the bike starts and runs fine. Are those rubber boots still available to purchase from Polaris ? Or...are they discontinued ? It had gotten nearly impossible to find parts on the 99 toward the end of my ownership of it.

So I dont want to get the bike and not be able to repair it.

Many thanks,

jb

·
Registered
40 Posts
E-Bay is your friend. Other than that I just do some heavy searching on the internet for parts. Yes the parts are not as common as other bikes but I've been able to locate what I needed.

·
13,043 Posts
I went to vic's web page and looked on there parts catalog. They only went back as far as 04. Don't know if that would work. Rylan at The Vic Shop could tell you more.
1253335 ADAPTER-THROTTLE BODY $104.99

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to vic's web page and looked on there parts catalog. They only went back as far as 04. Don't know if that would work. Rylan at The Vic Shop could tell you more.
1253335 ADAPTER-THROTTLE BODY $104.99
Thanks fellas. Wow thats not cheap. Maybe I could work some magic with some high heat RTV. I'll take another gander.

Thanks again, guys.

jb

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ghost Rider turned me on to Parts Monster too and I get everything there. They are usually cheaper, sometimes offer free shipping and ... no taxes. Most of the time they are 30% cheaper than my local parts dealer who has to order everything in anyway because no one stocks parts for these bikes. It is cheaper and faster to just have it sent to the house. I am bringing a 2002 and a 2003 to showroom condition, piece by piece myself.

There are many other OEM parts depot's out there too so always compare prices. I have used Parts Pit Stop as well.

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a '02 TCD and when I look up that bike, the schematic doesn't even show the adapter. I know it's the same part #. The '03 only has the California TC listed. That show a different schematic but has the same part # too. Just a little confusing/misleading. Thanks for the link though, Ghost Rider!

·
Registered
682 Posts
No problem bud. I've found out that a lot of the schematics for different bikes/years with the same engine show different things. I needed a part awhile ago and couldn't find it, called dealer and they said I needed to buy a whole crankshaft to get it. My dad found the part on a parts list for an 04 Vegas or something. He's who told me about that site and I've been using it ever since thumb upcheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts