Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK just sold my old suzuki for a few pennies and I am going to be buying Lloydz cams and a new air box (not sure if torque tubes or just the lloydz air box). I already have the adjustable timing gear in. I have the swept pipes that I pulled the baffles out and installed some lloydz aftermarket baffles.

I plan on installing the cams myself. Question is, can I ride it modded with the stage 1 tune to lloydz? It's probably like 3 hours from my house. I will have him install a fuel commander and tune the bike there, just trying to save on labor.

Thanks cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
With cams installed and an airbox ? I wouldn't , in fact it may not run efficiently enough to get to Lloyds .... The stock , stage 1 tune are way too lean for what your doing ... I would install the PCV while you have it all apart (Much easier) then download the basic map supplied for models with cams , then go see Lloyd .... Kyle @ KMC in Westerly RI is one of the best tuners on the planet , and actually does Tunes for Lloyd . He may be closer to you too . Good Luck !

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why not just install the fuel commander too? Easier to do than cams. Buy it from LLyods and have him install a map that should get you in good enough shape to make it to his shop.

·
Registered
848 Posts
OK just sold my old suzuki for a few pennies and I am going to be buying Lloydz cams and a new air box (not sure if torque tubes or just the lloydz air box). I already have the adjustable timing gear in. I have the swept pipes that I pulled the baffles out and installed some lloydz aftermarket baffles.

I plan on installing the cams myself. Question is, can I ride it modded with the stage 1 tune to lloydz? It's probably like 3 hours from my house. I will have him install a fuel commander and tune the bike there, just trying to save on labor.

Thanks cheers
Install the PC-V ask Kyle or Rylan or Lloyd for a base tune and you should be good. If you can wrench then the installation of the PCV is cake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thinking on the tuner....I didn't know they would supply a "base" tune....that's the route I will go!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With cams installed and an airbox ? I wouldn't , in fact it may not run efficiently enough to get to Lloyds .... The stock , stage 1 tune are way too lean for what your doing ... I would install the PCV while you have it all apart (Much easier) then download the basic map supplied for models with cams , then go see Lloyd .... Kyle @ KMC in Westerly RI is one of the best tuners on the planet , and actually does Tunes for Lloyd . He may be closer to you too . Good Luck !
Westerly is probably an hour and change....can you link me a website to Kyle's shop?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Power commander V
part number 19-002 for the 106ci hammer 2009? Webiste pull down has a hammer option but for the older bikes...the 19-002 lists for 106ci 2009 and newer bikes. Correct?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Power commander V
part number 19-002 for the 106ci hammer 2009? Webiste pull down has a hammer option but for the older bikes...the 19-002 lists for 106ci 2009 and newer bikes. Correct?
Yes , 19-002 model . when you download the software there will be a map available for 106 with cams , that will get you in the right direction , you really just want to avoid being lean .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok last part of this equation....torque tubes or llyodz airbox with my combination?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If money is no object , torque tubes ! I have the S&S intake I like it a lot and it can be had for 275.00 , give or take 10.00 . Try metricthunder.com if interested in the S&S , type forum in the code slot and you will get another 5% off . I think he has it for even less then I got it for ...

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I have had both and the torque tube run slightly better than the S&s filter it's mostly down Low that you noticed it. I would recommend me S&S 495 cams they run really hard. That's what I have.
Ive had both as well. The tubes gained me 3 ft lb and a few horse down low but it tapered back to same as the Ness Ram up around 4000.
Easier to maintain than unbolting the Ness though.
SS and LLOYDZ airbox you only need remove tank to service.
Tubes can be cleaned and oiled a lot easier.
Look and sound great too.
Its only money

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Good thinking on the tuner....I didn't know they would supply a "base" tune....that's the route I will go!
I asked Lloyd about the PCV and a tune. He said they will install a tune based on your mods (as long as he's set one like yours on file) for free provided you buy the tuner from him.

Looks like you're going to do a tuner at the same time. Smart. I would HIGHLY discourage anybody from doing cams without a tuner on hand at the time. I went with the AFR+ and had the hi flow filter and ats installed and my AF ratios were right on the money. I later installed the drop in cams and the air fuel ratio gauge that came with my tuner showed I was way way lean...as in over 15:1. I was able to adjust it out right there on my handlebar while going down the road. Point is, I had it tuned dead on before the cams. I guarantee you're too lean as it is right now. If you were to put cams on and try to ride without a tuner, you'll probably burn her up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts