Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What does your odometer read? Do you have a fuel controller installed? It could be a vacuum leak in the intake/throttle body boot...

By the way, you didn't have your cruise control on, did you? :p

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I have about 7100 miles. Yes have a dyno jet on the bike. No cruise was not on and first time it happened
PC with AutoTune or without? AutoTune might have one faulty if you do have it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes have auto tune
Try disconnecting and running without the AT module. If the problem goes away, you have a bad AT. If it does not go away, then I would focus on finding the intake leak.

·
Premium Member
13,157 Posts
Try disconnecting and running without the AT module. If the problem goes away, you have a bad AT. If it does not go away, then I would focus on finding the intake leak.
I didn't know the AT could do that. I've had mine kill my bike but not make the rpm's change.

One other thing to look at is the wires going into the AT. I found the screws holding the wires in the AT loose. All of 'em. I didn't install it so I don't know if they weren't tightened correctly to begin with or they just loosened up. Just one more reason to do your own work on the bike. Tried to help a local bike shop out and like the saying goes... "no good deed goes unpunished".

I definitely agree with the AT causing issues with the ignition system though. Why... I don't know but it definitely does.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well only happened once but was a little scary at 80. I will keep these in mind and try if it happens again. Hasn't acted up since. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I was in Flagstaff over Memorial Day weekend I had my XC rev to about 1100 rpm while sitting at a light. This happened more than once but did not happen while riding. I figured that this could have been due to the altitude but I dunno. It has never happened again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I was getting on the freeway and getting on it. Got to 6th gear was doing 80 and r's went up with a nice jerk then back down. After the 3rd time I dropped to about 50 and was going to get off the road but it stopped. So back up to speed and hasn't repeated. It did make me pucker though. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts