Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Nope X-bike fenders will only work on other X-bikes.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Xbikes and the Vision share a frame design. All the other bikes share a different frame design. So a bolt-on swap would certainly be impossible. Also, the rear fender from a Xbike is designed to have saddlebags on the side, and it looks more than a little odd without them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xbikes and the Vision share a frame design. All the other bikes share a different frame design. So a bolt-on swap would certainly be impossible. Also, the rear fender from a Xbike is designed to have saddlebags on the side, and it looks more than a little odd without them.
The reason I am asking is because I want to turn my vegas into a bagger and I have been bouncing around ideas about using some of the harley bags and trying to retrofit them on along with some rear fender modification...This lead me to think, What if I could use the rear fender of a cross country along with the bags...to make it look custom that would reduce the amount of mods or fabricated parts. I would love to get my vegas all bagged out with the 26 inch front wheel so I am just trying to get ideas and information before choosing which way to go.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The reason I am asking is because I want to turn my vegas into a bagger and I have been bouncing around ideas about using some of the harley bags and trying to retrofit them on along with some rear fender modification...This lead me to think, What if I could use the rear fender of a cross country along with the bags...to make it look custom that would reduce the amount of mods or fabricated parts. I would love to get my vegas all bagged out with the 26 inch front wheel so I am just trying to get ideas and information before choosing which way to go.
As others pointed out, the X-Bikes have a different frame structure and therefore different mounting points so there is no (easy) way to mount one of those fenders on the tubes-style frames that the Vegas, Hammer & Kingpin use but you may be able to get a Kingpin fender which is designed to allow bags to mount to your bike without having to custom weld anything like you would with a cross bike fender.

As to getting a 26" wheel mounted to the front of your bike... you are going to need a custom rake kit in order to do that. Once you add the cost of the wheel, tire, rack, etc you might as well simply buy a new bike as you will probably have an extra $6-$7K in the bike from the wheel, fenders, rake, rear fender, bags, etc

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Does anyone know if the crosscountry rear fender will fit any of the other bikes like a vegas or hammer?
Title suggestion: XC rear fender fit Vegas/Hammer?

Although "Question" certainly applies. (Picture 100 threads with that title)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts