Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first victory last August, an 09 hammer s. I loved the bike, but lack of storage and lack of comfort over longer rides has forced my hand and I just sold it. Now I have a few options for my next bike. I'm looking at a 12 ness edition cc and a 13 nuclear sunset. Are there any major differences between the two model years? I'm leaning towards the ness due to the limited number, but I might be able to save a bit of money going with the 13. I'm just hoping to get some suggestions / advice. The wife just doesn't have the patience for my indecisiveness.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Newer and less money...hmm. I'd sure want to make the wife happy if I were you.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The 2012 Cross Country base was structurally the same as the 2013. There were some changes to the 2013 to maintain the same MSRP as the 2012, for instance the HID lighting that was stock on the '12 became optional on the '13. Ness version is in a different league. MSRP was significantly higher so even discounted they carry a premium.

I own a '12 and given apples to apples would buy a '12 over a '13 but as it's a Ness that muddies the water.

I guess you look at the option list for the Ness. Do those options make your day? There are some Ness options that cost a bundle to have done so the extra cost may be justifiable. They are worth bupkus though if you wouldn't consider doing it anyway. I'm saying get the option list. Go over it point by point. If you can satisfy yourself that enough of them ring your bell, then find the money. If not, why bother? Save the cash and get stuff you do want.

·
Premium Member
13,645 Posts
Given the choice of those two; the 12 Ness wins easily. Not even a contest really. The only thing the 13 has going for it is one model year newer. Nothing structurally or intrinsically different but the Ness has a lot of expensive factory parts to it along with the fancy paint job.

Yep, if it were me, it would be an easy decision... but that's me. You and your lady need to decide for yourselves.

In a week or two you can find out if there are any new paint jobs you like better. The Ness bikes usually have a different paint job every year. I seriously doubt there will be any significant mechanical changes this year with most of this end of Polaris focusing on the new Indian Chief roll out. JMHO. FWIW. YMMV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback. I am dealing with a guy that so far hasn't impressed me at a dealership that is a two hour drive from my house. He has the Ness discounted a lot, but when I asked about being law enforcement and getting the 1000 off, he told me "Law is a coupon and we can't combine coupons. We used a test ride coupon" so he is saying that if a coupon that is available for everyone, then you can't use a law enforcement discount? Is this law enforcement/military discount just a bs publicity stunt by victory or is this guy just trying to get more money out of me?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
standard on 12's too.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I am dealing with a guy that so far hasn't impressed me at a dealership that is a two hour drive from my house. He has the Ness discounted a lot, but when I asked about being law enforcement and getting the 1000 off, he told me "Law is a coupon and we can't combine coupons. We used a test ride coupon" so he is saying that if a coupon that is available for everyone, then you can't use a law enforcement discount? Is this law enforcement/military discount just a bs publicity stunt by victory or is this guy just trying to get more money out of me?
This was posted in a different thread somewhere, but here's the deal: the Demo, Military and police/fire coupons can be used with factory promotions ($500 rebate or $200 in accessories or what have you) but they cannot be used with other coupons. You can also print the different coupons at the victory website and read the fine print. Good luck with your purchase!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts