Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to lower my eight ball front and back i'm looking at 1.5" in the back and 1" in the front. i carry a passenger on most all of my rides. even if i turn up my shock will i still constantly be bottoming out? also, i'm looking at getting a bigger back tire. i'm pretty sure i can go 200mm on the stock rim? thanks in advance guys

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
300 pounds is going to be a lot of weight on any lowering job you do. If you do go with the lower bones I would advise no more than 1 inch. Be sure to move your wiring harness under the fender to the right side and zip tie it there. I have seen a lot of cases of ripped out wiring harnesses from lowered Vics.

Be sure to set the preload on your shock 4 or 5 turns.

Whatever you do....do NOT lower your front end. That much weight will bottom out your fronts regularly resulting in damage.

I recommend going to Conquest Customs or Kewlmetal and purchasing one of their shocks.

Conquest has a Penske shock that is adjustable and Kewlmetal has a dual bleed air ride. Either one of those will make riding 2 up much better and safer.

I personally prefer the KewlMetal Air Ride which I have on my bike. I weigh 260 my girl is 110. We are well over your max weight. The airirde gives me the best of both worlds. When I'm solo I ride her low and lean. WHen my girl is on I can pump her up and still keep her low because the KMAR has rebound adjustment.

Here is a pic of my bike all the way down.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thanks diamond i think i'm just gonna leave it for now, i want to go air ride but don't have the 1000+ dollars to spend on it which is why i was going to use the links instead. plus if i did have the money it would be spent on go parts not show parts but i really appreciate the insight. I think i speak for everyone when i say were glad to have your expierience on the forum.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its my pleasure to help out where and when I can.

Funny about your comment on "go parts". I have a buddy that has a vegas with the Lloydz 110 motor. About the time we were doing hi motor we were doing Porti.

We were talking about the similar amount of money we were spending and we came up with nicknames for ourselves Angel was the "Go Ho" and I was the "Sho (show) Ho"!! LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gorilla,
its true diamond we've been waiting for someone to have true insight and actual ideas for some time now and keep up the posts man we all appreciate it, plus, what else am i going to do in english class?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thanks guys but I'm just a reguler rider. Most of what I learned I did from my ex business partner and the VMC. Not trying to take members away from here but there is a wealth of info there too.

Unfortunately a lot of what I learned is trial and error on my part and other Vic riders I've met.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.