Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new bike and right now I'm looking at XC XR and the Magnum possibly a kingpin because I've wanted one for a while now.

For the magnum will the tour trunks from the XC tour fit?

And I don't care for floorboards all that much. So will pegs off any other Victory for on any of them? (Besides the KP I know Vegas pegs fit)

I did find a 2012 red XR with only 1200 miles on it. For 11,299 at a dealer I'm planning on going to take a look at it and test ride once the rain clears. Of course if I like it I plan on offering 9800 ish

Any pros or cons from one year to the next?

Do they offer a quick release for the tour pack?

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
The trunk is called Lock & Ride and fits all the touring bikes. No difference from 2011 up except color. If you don't need the tunes the Cross Roads is perfect. Uninterrupted views thanks to the plexi fairing that's removable - nice when it gets hot.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I believe the Magnum comes with bag fillers which knocks out the lock and ride trunk unless you retro fit the fillers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Test ride what you think you may like.But remember there is lots of 2011-2012 XCs with low miles out there for sale cheap.I found my 2011 XC with 7200mi for $8700.You may have to travel a couple hundred miles but it is worth it :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Test ride what you think you may like.But remember there is lots of 2011-2012 XCs with low miles out there for sale cheap.I found my 2011 XC with 7200mi for $8700.You may have to travel a couple hundred miles but it is worth it

Yep I've been all over cycle trader.

The 2012 I found is only a hour away. I plan on offering less. I found another one in Texas with 300 miles and change. For 11,000

Im looking at random dealers online and cycle trader. I don't mind flying and riding back home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trunk is called Lock & Ride and fits all the touring bikes. No difference from 2011 up except color. If you don't need the tunes the Cross Roads is perfect. Uninterrupted views thanks to the plexi fairing that's removable - nice when it gets hot.

Thanks. I'm not. Windshield kind of guy. But thinking I may go with a fairing just for the tunes along with wind protection. Ive ridden friends bikes with fairings and don't mind it unlike a windshield. I suppose maybe it's how they look.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ABS comes to mind, seems like 12 was the first year it was offered, but I may be wrong on that. If it's important to you, make sure the bike has it. Those XR deals sound super btw. IMO you can't go wrong with an XC with low miles, if it's already had the Lloydz goodies added, you are ahead of the ball game for sure.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why mess with a dealer?Find an individual that NEEDS to sell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Financing will be easier. Especially if the bike is hours away. Everywhere I k ow of around here will want to see the bike first.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
There are dealers that need to sell too. I was at mine today and they have a gorgeous red and black and virginal 2013 XC that has only 5K miles. They are asking only $13K for this beauty and yet they have had it for months.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Financing will be easier. Especially if the bike is hours away. Everywhere I k ow of around here will want to see the bike first.
I found mine on eBay. The price was right and only had 4600 miles on it. Financing was a pain in the ass because of the distance between the seller and I, but we got it all sorted out after about a week and a half. Had a buddy take me up there to get the bike and I rode home happy as a pig in cold mud.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you have to finance a bike you may want to rethink the bike you want.Save the cash back or buy a bike you can pay cash for.
this is coming from experience.Nothing hurts worse than making payments when you cant ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are dealers that need to sell too. I was at mine today and they have a gorgeous red and black and virginal 2013 XC that has only 5K miles. They are asking only $13K for this beauty and yet they have had it for months.
What's the dealer? I'll checkout their website if they have one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you happen to know if rider pegs from another Victory can be installed on a XR or XC? I'd rather have pegs vs floor boards.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Do you happen to know if rider pegs from another Victory can be installed on a XR or XC? I'd rather have pegs vs floor boards.
Have you ridden one yet? Try it. I used to think I wouldn't care much for floorboards on a bike, but after riding one, I rather kinda changed my mind.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
In 62 years of riding, I used to absolutely dislike floorboards, but the Vic's are so long that you can place your feet where ever you like, so I am now a total convert and will never go back to pegs.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Have you ridden one yet? Try it. I used to think I wouldn't care much for floorboards on a bike, but after riding one, I rather kinda changed my mind.
Flip Flopper !

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
What's the dealer? I'll checkout their website if they have one.
The dealer goes under2 names: Polaris of Portland and S-K Northwest. I tried finding the bike on their site and Craig's List also, to no avail. The phone number there is 503 872-0000 talk to someone in sales and I'm sure they'll be glad to email a photo or 2 to ya.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Everything is possible if you are either good at fabrication or have the cash for someone who is. I have never seen a set of footpegs that would bolt on offered for a XC or XR. I believe you will be on your own as to how to get a set mounted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Going to the dealer about 60 miles away next weekend to ride some. My current bike came with boards from the factory. I took them off and put forward controls on. it.

Granted every bike is different. So we will see. I'm considering taking the two hour drive to Nashville and renting one for a day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts