Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new bike.....lost my '07 Road King in a recent divorce.......local dealer has a new 09 Vegas for $14,442 out the door....I like the looks of the bike,sounds like power to spare.....questions: Victory Reliablity,overall satisfaction with the choice of your Vegas...sound like a decent deal on the bike?

Any AND all responses are Greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Vic has spent 5 years as #1 in customer satisfaction according to JD Powers.

As a Victory mechanic my job is basically to
Change oil
Hang chrome
Make them even faster

That out the door price is very good on an 09

I have been riding Vics for over 5 years, and my worst Vic was a better bike then anything else I ever owned, or built

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
My 3 years owning a Victory has led to a lot of research, questions, answers and love of the brand.

These bikes are pretty much bullet proof. There is a lot of aftermarket stuff out there now. A few of the vendors are Victory owners and riders.

KevinX is also considered one of if not THE Victory mechanic out there. Just look what he calls his position, MECHANIC not Tech!!! LOL Shows how humble he is.

I compare a Victory Mechanic to the Maytag man. Its lonely for them becase these bikes just don't break. LOL

That does sound like a great deal for that bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the feedback....was also looking at the New triumph Thunderbird....think I kinda like the looks of the Vegas better and availability of REAL pipes and other accessories almost seals the deal

·
Registered
243 Posts
my son rides an 04 vegas, bought new, my best friend rides an 05 hammer, bought new, i recently purchased an 09 vegas, were all very happy, gobs of power in stock form, more on tap, price you quoted is less than i paid, .... enjoy !

steve

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I am in the market for a new bike.....lost my '07 Road King in a recent divorce.......local dealer has a new 09 Vegas for $14,442 out the door....I like the looks of the bike,sounds like power to spare.....questions: Victory Reliablity,overall satisfaction with the choice of your Vegas...sound like a decent deal on the bike?

Any AND all responses are Greatly appreciated
See Below!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Here is the deal my local dealer is advertising right now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is a nice price. I would be torn between the Vic and the Thunderbird they are both nice bikes. I have a Vic and love it. Have fun with either one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ride an 04 Vegas; nearing 30K miles. My brother is an HD fanatic. he spends his time working on his bikes. I spend my time riding.

'nuff said.

·
Registered
35 Posts
love my 07

I have owned my 07 vegas for 2 years now but have been riding a vegas 8 ball for three years before that which led me to buy mine, i also rode a custom harley for about 1000 miles it was softail with a springer front end and it was nice at around 50 miles an hour but if you wanted to go faster it just wasn't there. I am very happy with my Victory choice

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kevinx,

I saw a lot of people mention that aftermarket pipes rob the bike of power. Thoughts? Any fixes (other than going back to my stock pipes)?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Aftermarket pipes and a tune....no hp loss...just bigger balls

Thats not true. 2 into 1's are your best performance pipes. There are a lot of aftermarket pipes out there. I'm not sure which 2/2 system is the best but I know Kevin has stated on a couple of occasions that the Vic Swept pipes are the worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go For The Gusto - er Vegas

I have a 2006 Victory Vegas (100 CI, 6-speed) and put a stage-1 kit on it when I bought it. Have since added a S&S air filter and the S&S ECU flash. Just did a dyno run last weekend and it shows 100 HP and 110 LB of torque. Don't know of any other cruiser with the style and reliability of the Vegas that you can get those kinds of numbers out of for $1000.00 worth of bolt ons and an ECU re-flash.

·
Registered
243 Posts
im curious, my 09 vegas in stock form is getting ..... 41.04 .. 43.8 .. 50.0 .. 45.12 .. 43.18 and 46.8 MPG , what kind of mileage are you guys getting ? how about posting yr. kind of bike kind of up-grades , [ performance wise ] and your mileage, should be interesting.

thanks in advance

steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stevie3x,

Stock, my 06 Vegas was getting a consistent 49-50 mpg. Of course, I was taking is real easy on 'er until she was broken in. As modded now (Stage 1 drag pipes, S&S Air Cleaner, S&S flash) my mileage ranges from a low of 41 up to about 44 mpg depending on how hard we're riding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts