Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got all the accessories installed on my 2013 XCT. First, dealer could not install the Cross Country Flip Windshield (part # 2827174, pg. 15, 2013 accessories catalog). Something about that windshield wouldn't fit the support bracket. No problem, I like the stock windshield. So I ordered the Blade Windshield (#2879238) for when I take the trunk off and ride solo. Next, Kicker Speakers x4. Not a,"significant upgrade", as stated in the Victory catalog. Maybe a little better than stock but not $400 worth. Next, 2" Pullback Handle Bars. Absolutely worth $300. I raised them to the high position in the trees, riding with arms slightly bent and at chest level. Next, Rider Backrest. Gotta have it. I have metal parts that are getting rusty. Next, Passenger Arm Rest. If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy*. She loves em. Next, Stage 1 Exhaust. Some love em, some hate em. I love em. They're not obnoxious, can hear the stereo, great rumble, passenger likes them (*reference text above). Next, Sena SM10 Bluetooth. Will let you know. I may need tech support, hope it's not Sam in India. And lastly, Victory HID. I think I got ripped off. Beam is a little brighter and wider, but I don't think it's worth $500 dollars. Victory will pay for this one.
Thanks for reading, it's too cold to ride, so I write. Any reply will be appreciated.
P.S. The dealer gave me all the take off parts, speakers x4, bars, headlight assembly, and mufflers. Anyone have any suggestion as to what to do with stock mufflers? Anyone try to knock the baffles out of stock mufflers? I might sell these original slightly used parts. If anyone is interested message me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Most aftermarket shields are designed to fit the 4 bolt pattern of the standard Cross Country, not the 6 bolt pattern of the Tour model. In order to fit the Flip windshield to your bike, your dealer should have simply removed the XCT support brackets along with the stock shield, and bolted the new shield directly to the subframe. I'm surprised they didn't know this. You are going to have exactly the same problem with the Blade shield you ordered as it also mounts with 4 bolts.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I completely agree with Tony about the windshield brackets. You can easily do this yourself. You only need the appropriate metric allen wrench and socket wrench to remove the original windshield and the XCT windshield brackets underneath. Since the dealer can't figure it out, do it yourself. It's really easy.

$500 for the Victory HID kit? Wow! I had no idea. My 2012 XCT came with it (the 2013 does not), so I didn't know what they are charging for it. I do like mine.

My latest addition is the highway pegs that attach to the floorboards. I installed them yesterday, and will ride to churches with them this morning. Next mod will be a real horn.

The XCT is a joy. I hope you get to enjoy riding soon!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on your new XCT!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Victory Factory Accessories

Most aftermarket shields are designed to fit the 4 bolt pattern of the standard Cross Country, not the 6 bolt pattern of the Tour model. In order to fit the Flip windshield to your bike, your dealer should have simply removed the XCT support brackets along with the stock shield, and bolted the new shield directly to the subframe. I'm surprised they didn't know this. You are going to have exactly the same problem with the Blade shield you ordered as it also mounts with 4 bolts.
I did not think any accessories in the Victory catalog are aftermarket parts, except maybe the Klockworks Windshield. Even the handle bar grips and foot pegs which are obviously made by Kuryakyn, and compatible with other Kuryakyn products, came in Pure Victory packaging. They all came from the 2013 Victory Catalog, with Victory part #'s. You are right in the dealer should reference the parts to an install diagram, being they are Victory parts. I have seen other posts express inaccuracy in the Victory catalog. I have seen others write that it takes 3 or 4 years to get your bike the way you like it. I still believe, and Yamaha said it best, which was my last ride an '08 RSTD, "We make it, you make it your own". It's still a great bike. Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
By "aftermarket", I did not necessarily mean a shield made/supplied by a third party manufacturer. I simply meant a shield that was not original equipment on the bike from the factory. Irregardless of what packaging the shield comes in or where it comes from, the facts about the bolt pattern for the XCT and the XC remain the same. I'd still be really concerned about your dealer's lack of familiarity with the Victory line up. I'm surprised they figured out how to swap your handlebars...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Too cold to ride? Try Avon heated grips and a heated jacket liner....that should fix that.... The heated seat also works, but it is also the equivalent of the HID. As for the Sena, my wife and I have the 2nd generation model with upgradable firmware. We love them. The pairing instructions are reasonable. We also bought the SM10... Bluetooth straming device. Much better than the dongle IMO. wac

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pictures Sand Man, pictures!! :):):)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need Tech Support

Pictures Sand Man, pictures!! :):):)
Sorry, maybe someday. If I can't figure out Blueteeth, mine are yellow, I can't figure out how to post pictures. Maybe my tech support will help me, I'm sleeping with her.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
And lastly, Victory HID. I think I got ripped off. Beam is a little brighter and wider, but I don't think it's worth $500 dollars. Victory will pay for this one.
Thanks for reading, it's too cold to ride, so I write. Any reply will be appreciated.
Make sure it's aligned properly. Although the OEM HID is pricey, it should do a decent job. Follow owners manual on directions for properly aiming your beams. Do not assume the dealer does this - they guesstimate it - my headlight was pointing over 2 feet too high when I took my XR home the first time. Never assume the dealer does it right; always question and double check their work.

$500 for the Victory HID kit? Wow! I had no idea. My 2012 XCT came with it (the 2013 does not), so I didn't know what they are charging for it. I do like mine.
Yep, $500 for low beam OEM HID - and yes, the 2012 XCT came with it stock.

Sorry, maybe someday. If I can't figure out Blueteeth, mine are yellow, I can't figure out how to post pictures. Maybe my tech support will help me, I'm sleeping with her.
This thread gives step by step directions on posting pics: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts