Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if these questions have been answered already, but I did not see any threads that covered these.

1) What is the lean angle?
2) Is there a bank angle sensor?
3) Is there a tachometer available?

I (being new to Victory) have lots of question, but he who does not ask will not learn.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The digital Tach is included in your speedo cluster. Toggle thru the trip, odometer and you will find a digital tach. The toggle switch is on left side clutch/mirror housing designed to be used while riding with pointer finger. For $50 dollars you can roll your scoot into a Vic shop and they can unlock a couple other features in your cluster but not totally sure what they are. I know for sure a second trip meter is included.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi!! Welcome to the high ball club!!
I luv mine so much, i'm sure you will love yours as much.

For the tach, if you dont like the electronic one, you can always buy a real one which goes next to the speedo.
Unlocked speedo gives you a second trip, voltage, average and instant fuel consumption, average speed, and maybe another on I am forgeting. Go check the accessories catalogue.

There is no fork lock, but one is available thru dealer. Chrome only.

Lean angle I do not know. One thing for sure you may have notice the peg feelers. I went thru many of them, once youre tire are not slippery (brand new), you can lean as much as you want and adjust your driving with the peg feelers. After that it'll be the exhaust on the right side but there no need to push it that far.

Enjoy cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi!! Welcome to the high ball club!!
I luv mine so much, i'm sure you will love yours as much.

For the tach, if you dont like the electronic one, you can always buy a real one which goes next to the speedo.
Unlocked speedo gives you a second trip, voltage, average and instant fuel consumption, average speed, and maybe another on I am forgeting. Go check the accessories catalogue.

There is no fork lock, but one is available thru dealer. Chrome only.

Lean angle I do not know. One thing for sure you may have notice the peg feelers. I went thru many of them, once youre tire are not slippery (brand new), you can lean as much as you want and adjust your driving with the peg feelers. After that it'll be the exhaust on the right side but there no need to push it that far.

Enjoy cheers
Thanks, the day I got mine I had worked 3rd shift, went that morning to get it and after all was said and done the bike inspection was at 12:45-1:00, I was ready to get home, left my cage in the dealership parking lot with all of my paperwork inside. rode home and then could not go to sleep.I found the tachometer thanks to Travis P. I have since sprung my cage and all of the paperwork, now time to find time to actually read the owners manual. Not worried about not having a steering lock (the bike lives in my 12x12 storage building or in my work parking lot). The lean angle I will find out about soon enough BUT I did notice the feelers on the pegs on the first ride. I have never riden a bike with apes, but surprisingly I took to it like a fish in water. Not interested in a second trip or instant fuel mileage enough to pay someone to unlock it (might hack it though).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Should you care for having sure enough forward controls I can confirm the Vegas extended kit bolts right up and will make lean angle a bit more. Haven't scraped yet since I did the swap. Very athletic bikes I think.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should you care for having sure enough forward controls I can confirm the Vegas extended kit bolts right up and will make lean angle a bit more. Haven't scraped yet since I did the swap. Very athletic bikes I think.

That's good to know since forward controls will most likely be my first upgrade. Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Would you have a link to that? I would have to take off my crash bars to fit them wouldn't i?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
976 Posts
I wield need to take if my crash bars wouldn't i?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also, another option is you can buy the pegs off a Vegas low instead. They move the pegs an inch forward and an inch down. They are in the victory catalog for like $50. I am 6' and they are perfect for me. Not sure if the lean angle is as good as stock but I have had them for about 12k miles and scraping them isnt an issue.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Also, another option is you can buy the pegs off a Vegas low instead. They move the pegs an inch forward and an inch down. They are in the victory catalog for like $50. I am 6' and they are perfect for me. Not sure if the lean angle is as good as stock but I have had them for about 12k miles and scraping them isnt an issue.
^ That's the one. I believe the lean angle is better than stock.. The stock supports angle outward then turn up so to clear the exhaust and primary cover. These above (which I've provided link post above that) are closer into the bike significantly. Where I scraped a peg on the stock ones, I've tried and haven't had the courage to scrape these.. I've been quite impressed with the lean angle on this bike. Exceeds my needs I think until I get some better tires on the bike.

Also, compared to the nearly mid-control position of the stock peg mounts, these are significant. You may not wish to extend them more unless you've got bean poles for legs.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have crash bars on my bike. Would I need to take them off?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have crash bars on my bike. Would I need to take them off?
I dont think so, if I remember correctly these bolt in the exact same position as your originals however the peg placement is different. Also, bsbabcock is correct that these pegs are closer into the frame so it will alter your riding position a bit and may feel more like your legs are squeezing the tank. Not a big deal for me as I prefer the added sense of control but I could see someone with thick thighs not liking these.

I usually only scrape these if I am going up a mountain here in colorado on the switchbacks... but turning into a steep grade will scrape anything. Embrace the sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts