Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched high and low and couldn't find info on this. I'm trying to put highball handlebars on my 04 Kingpin. Site says they only fit 08 and up, but I though all the KP's were the same? I'd appreciate advice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not to high jack your thread , but I ran into a similar problem when I was on eBay looking for a new side cover for battery side. Seller stated on the listing " will not fit 04 Kingpin" . The ones he was selling were off of an 08 if I remember right. Surely someone knows why they are different or are they ?
They don't look different to my eyes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the wiring harness was changed in 08. But I could be wrong.

·
13,185 Posts
I'm sure there referring to stock.
You two being custom can do and make fit the way you want them to.
That doesn't mean you can't use them on your 04

·
Registered
18 Posts
handlebars

They want to much for those anyway just look for springer ape hanger bars , they will fit put a pair from Todd's cycle on my 07 kingpin just a tiny bit of knurling shows maybe a 16th of an inch you have to really stare to see it. Found them on eBay for $120! Only had to replace front brake line.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nomis, I just ordered my 12" apes from Todd's. Did you need new cables with yours?
The only line I needed to replace was the brake line which I purchased from Santa Rosa V-Twin I don't remember how much. Are you going to run your wires through the bars?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to leave the cables external for now. Thanks for the advice!
I don't think you can run the cables internally but on my 07 kingpin there was 11 wires on the clutch side and 10 on the throttle side so I made extensions and ran them through the bars , that cleaned it up real nice. I didn't want to drill holes in the bars to plug in the darts that hold the wires tight to the stock bars. Do you have the stock indicator light panel on the top triple tree or do you have a digital speedometer with indicator lights? If you need any more tips let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts