Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i disconnect the battery while the bike is running, the bike immediatly dies. This mean the stators bad? Or something else

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't know what bike you have, but I think you need a battery connection for the computer and other electronics to work.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Electronic fuel injectors (EFI) ... key word is "electronic" - no electrical power, no electronics, no fuel injection, no motor running.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Electronic fuel injectors (EFI) ... key word is "electronic" - no electrical power, no electronics, no fuel injection, no motor running.
The alternator could continue to provide ac power that is converted to 12 Vdc by the regulator and delivered to the EFI without a battery. It's all in how it's wired up.

Can't say that I know how it's wired up though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna try a new battery first, but most cars and bikes can run on just the alternator or stator without the battery- key point that they have to be running first.

09 vegas

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
The alternator could continue to provide ac power that is converted to 12 Vdc by the regulator and delivered to the EFI without a battery. It's all in how it's wired up.

Can't say that I know how it's wired up though.
True, but our bikes run off the battery.

Im gonna try a new battery first, but most cars and bikes can run on just the alternator or stator without the battery- key point that they have to be running first.

09 vegas

Doesn't matter what battery you use, if the battery is disconnected, the motor will die. Even a lose connection can cause misfiring or rough running.

·
Registered
931 Posts
alsoi don't think that is good for the charging system either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,231 Posts
Motorcycle stators will not run a bike.

Car alternators will run a can cause they put out more juice

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply's. New battery fixed the issue. I was not sure about this though, because I have a carb bike and atv that can both run off just the stator no battery. All the efi is to much though juice needed for no battery at all I guess. Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts