Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was watching a video on swapping a freedom 92 with the pre-freedom 92, and in the video they said that the speed sensor on the original 92's was in the block and the newer ones read off the front pulley? Is this true? Can anybody give me the lowdown on this?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
So i was watching a video on swapping a freedom 92 with the pre-freedom 92, and in the video they said that the speed sensor on the original 92's was in the block and the newer ones read off the front pulley? Is this true? Can anybody give me the lowdown on this?
Yes and a few other things to make the swap. If I'm not mistaken Rylan from the Vic shop has a YouTube video on it, Atrbyne was either doing it or finished, and the biggest thing to lookout for will be purchasing the motor and ensuring that the front mount in no way cracked the can since most of. The freedom V92s available usually come from a crash. It is shown very well in the video, there may be a link here in the V92 forum also.

What bike you sportin anyway? Welcome and if you have more questions, put'em up.

Tim

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pinwall is a great place to get parts for the old vics. Very reasonable
on their prices and they ship out fast. I have bought several things from them and am very satisfied.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So with the update, I shouldnt have to worry about it then?

Also another question about the engines, do they typically make kind of a "knocking" noise while running? I talked to one guy who said his kinda does the same thing, but without having riden another vic, I dont really know if this is just a normal noise for the engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts