Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 Jackpot Cory Ness Signature #20 out of 300 with only 3,000km's on it! I assume that the offensively tiny baffle holes are because of the huge output of the engine and emissions isssues...etc. Can somebody tell me what the insides of the exhaust looks like starting from the outer baffle? I will likely upgrade the exhaust in the summer but i was wondering if anybody has tried to cut out the outer baffle/baffle wall from both mufflers, or atleast drilled hole in the wall to improve the sound? Have any of you done this? What is on the inside? My guess is (starting from muffler tip): outer baffle, cat, inner baffle. Any insight or advice on what NOT to do would be great. I'm sure i'll want a better sound immediately but unfortunately wont do the exhaust for several months.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Don't assume. The Vic cans work very well and yes they are quiet. Drilling holes in them have come with mixed results, but yes will yield more noise.
The Vic exhaust is pretty simple and work much on the "Flow Master" type concept. A double redirected baffle. Kind of a simplified explanation, but yea. The cats are in the pipes around the bends under the bike. Leave them alone.
Read around, you can find any answer you "want" and some good ones as well.
Utube" Victory Thrush Mod" and the mufflers are dissected to place the glass pack inside. Be careful it is possible to dump a lot of power if done incorrectly.
Best bet, save your pennies, and get a Lloydz air filter, a tuner and some of the more productive exhaust, there are plenty out here, but choose wisely. You'll not regret it.
Welcome to the mayhem. cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts