Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2010 XR have a tach in the digital part of the speedo?

Thanks -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kind of.. Yes it does, but it needs to be unlocked. You get several features in unlock, including fuel economy, another trip meter. The unlock is $50, but thats the catalog price, maybe you can negotiate for less.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good! I'm glad it has a digital tach - I saw all the ads for the $199. tach for the Vic and thought I would be stuck buying one - I really like to know where my rpms/mph are - then I know for sure what gear I'm in.
Thanks for the info

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Good! I'm glad it has a digital tach - I saw all the ads for the $199. tach for the Vic and thought I would be stuck buying one - I really like to know where my rpms/mph are - then I know for sure what gear I'm in.
Thanks for the info
Don't think you'll be reading your RPM though. While the tach is displayed in a numerical value, you'll find yourself relying on the sound rather than squinting to read what the RPM is. It's still good to see what RPM you're idling on, or to look at it when you're cruising and have nothing better to look at. Don't expect to look at it if you're riding in traffic or if you're trying to push the bike close to the red line. :crzy:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think you'll be reading your RPM though. While the tach is displayed in a numerical value, you'll find yourself relying on the sound rather than squinting to read what the RPM is. It's still good to see what RPM you're idling on, or to look at it when you're cruising and have nothing better to look at. Don't expect to look at it if you're riding in traffic or if you're trying to push the bike close to the red line. :crzy:

Hoe bout if I am flying off a cliff.....should I look at the tach than?:D

I look at the tach when on the highway or the long straight back roads. I shift by sound of engine - but sometimes on the open road - I am not sure if I am in high gear...thats with my current bike.

I PLAN ON PICKING UP MY NEW XR TODAY! I will report later...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hoe bout if I am flying off a cliff.....should I look at the tach than?:D

I look at the tach when on the highway or the long straight back roads. I shift by sound of engine - but sometimes on the open road - I am not sure if I am in high gear...thats with my current bike.

I PLAN ON PICKING UP MY NEW XR TODAY! I will report later...
2011 models show the gear you're in. 2010's do not. The only advantage of the accessory tach is that you could see it without looking at it - eyes on the road, and you could still see the tach needle and where it is. The disadvantage is cluttering and $200-ish price tag. You could always add one later if you feel the need for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts