Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering some bags with quick release mounts. As I understand it, the Victory brand allows the bags to hang vertical, while the ghost and easy bracket, etc. brands point the bottom of the bags outward unless modified. Is this correct? Also, how thick are the mounts...how much space is between the fender struts are the bags. If anyone has any rear view pics of the mounts you use, that would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
brackets

I had the easy brackets on my HD and ighly recommend them. As the name implies...EASY! They leave about an inch.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Huh. I just ordered the ghost brackets for my new Vegas. The sales guy didn't say anything about the bags not hanging quite right. I will ask him when I go in to get them attached (the hardware wasn't in on Saturday when I ordered the accessories).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh. I just ordered the ghost brackets for my new Vegas. The sales guy didn't say anything about the bags not hanging quite right. I will ask him when I go in to get them attached (the hardware wasn't in on Saturday when I ordered the accessories).
Let me know how you like them...maybe you can post some pics too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i got the vic ones. they hang vertical. the right side bag is smaller than the left becouse it is cut out to accomodate for the rear drive pulley. maybe that is why the others point out

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does anyone have the quick release brackets? Are they worth $140? I dont care for the oem saddle bag look (08 vegas 8-ball) but need them when making overnight trips..

Its a major PITA to take the rail off just to clean the bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea I do. That's what I meant by ghost brackets. They are super easy, bags come right off with a turn of the key and a slide to the front, then lift. SO worth the cash from my perspective.
Here is a picture of my wifes Vegas. I know they arent quick release but thought youd like to see the US Saddle Bags on a Vegas. They do lock and are very easy to remove but the bracket does stay in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cool, I was wondering if US Saddlebags would fit with a Mustang seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts