Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at creating a custom quick release saddlebag bracket for my Judge (mounting the Easy brackets crooked to account for the front spool offset would bug me to no end, maybe I'm OCD). I plan to get the detachable backrest someday (if I can find one for a reasonable price), so I'm hoping to use the OEM Lock n Ride spools (2879023), and mount directly to them, as opposed to mounting separate spools to the OEM ones, and mounting the brackets to them like the EBs do.

Can anyone with the Lock n Ride spools, preferably with a micrometer, get me accurate measurements of the spools? I can provide more specific details if needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Day, I see that you had no answers. What I did for my home made rack was that I used a 7/8 holwsaw and I used tyrap to shim the loose out of it. I have no milling or tour so I used what I have. What I saw it that they shimmed the quick release with rubber. So it prevent looseness and also help with vibration wear.
Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive exterior Gas Machine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty cool. Does that mount to the Victory spools or did you create some custom ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts