Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a gallon on this oil at Wal-Mart today for $28 and that's not a bad price for a Gallon of Synthetic Motorcycle Oil and was wondering if anyone knew of some who may have tried it. It has all the specs for motorcycle oil. I personally use Castrol Synthetic Motorcycle oil.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Made by mercury marine. Around here a gallon of rotella t6 ful syn 5w40 runs around $21

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5w40 is a little thin weight don't you think ? Thought we were suppose to use 20W40 or 20W50

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
5w40 is a little thin weight don't you think ? Thought we were suppose to use 20W40 or 20W50
Many here use Rotella T-6 which is 5W-40 and that 5W has its advantages. It helps to aid a rapid oil flow on cold starts by circulating faster than thicker oils. It gains in viscosity as it warms to 40, so no worries. My lifters used to clatter something awful on cold starts until I switched to 5W-40. The analysis reports come back five stars, adding that there is a lot of good miles left, even after inadvertently going 7K miles on one sump full. Everything else is A-OK, including shifting.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
The first number is for cold or hot weather ...
5 or 10 = for cold weather
15 or 20 = for hot weather

The second number is the oil weight ... W40 or W50

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
@rodhotter know the exact temps each is designated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts