Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks... My D&D exhaust is awesome. Loudest bike I have ever encountered.

Well... Time for an inspection sticker (Turning a new leaf.... 30 years and this will be my first) and I fear it will not pass as it is.

I will be bringing the bike to West Port in Westbrook Maine if anyone has any feedback on those guys. I know them from a previous life but not as a service department...

Anyway... Question is, can I put anything on / in the pipes to quite them for the inspection? I will take my chances with the law, I just want to get it stickered.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check into Hard Kore Quiet Baffles from Hard Krome. Their a little cheaper than the Thunder Mountain. Both companies have great customer service and will help you identify the proper baffle based on dimensions if your model isn't listed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... word back from D&D was that is the only baffle system (THEY) sell for that model. I am hoping one of these universal systems work.

Or better yet the mechanics pass it anyway :)

·
13,043 Posts
go on line and see if bikes with loud exhaust don't past.
look for riding clubs and see what they say.
you can put steel wool in the pipes to quit them down. You half to come up with how to keep it in

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hoping that it simply passes. But, I would not mind being able to quite the bike down for rides with my wife. She has made comments before but never complained so I would like to be able to do something that took only 30 minutes or so to reverse/redo...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Buy a set of used stockers from eBay and swap those onto the bike for the inspection only & then resell them for what you paid for them again on eBay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts