All of a sudden I feel OLD!

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh I know another part of our youth is gone forever.
yup! Most of the actors are gone or will be gone soon, all of my relatives with exception of maybe 6 cousins (and there were a lot more of them), both parents, wife's mom ... all gone. At least my immediate family is still with me and I pray I go before them (selfish eh lol).

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Seeing others pass before you is the price we pay for the privilege of being able to stay on top of the lawn as long as we have. Want a real eye opener? Read the obits in your local fish wrapper and note the ages of the dearly departed. Treasure every day.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Seeing others pass before you is the price we pay for the privilege of being able to stay on top of the lawn as long as we have. Want a real eye opener? Read the obits in your local fish wrapper and note the ages of the dearly departed. Treasure every day.
How true and thanks for this comment!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Every year more friends gone.

Sad to say it, but it sure seems like that every year more friends seem to have to leave this earth. Wife refers to people older than us, say 70+ that they should not be riding. Then she says to me you won't be riding when your that age. My comment back to her is I am going to enjoy riding as long as I can. I am very thankful I still get to enjoy it and noooooo I am not old, maybe to some. Enjoy the ride, you never know when it will be over.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yum!!!

Oh, and dammit! RIP babe......

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Wife refers to people older than us, say 70+ that they should not be riding. Then she says to me you won't be riding when your that age. My comment back to her is I am going to enjoy riding as long as I can..
Damn right SB! I am still riding all sorts of rides and I'm 78! I rode an event on New Years Day. It was in the mid 20s when it started and only high 30s at the end. I would gladly ride across this continent and I am a cancer patient to boot. I am lucky - very lucky. They have been able to deal with my cancer, I am otherwise healthy and vital, I am solvent and I have an understanding wife. I plan and hope to continue riding as long as I am able. While you are telling your wife about me, tell her that I have an 89 year old friend who rides many more miles a year than I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts