Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my shop burned to the ground with my bikes in it. :mad: Completely destroyed, all the aluminum was puddled around it when it cooled off.

Luckily no one got hurt and the trees around it didn't catch but damn that's hard to look at.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
So sorry for the loss Lem. Like you said no one got hurt. Hopefully you didn't have to watch your Vic burn. It's replaceable. Any thoughts of getting another?

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Damn what a heart breaker.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Aww man..terrible.So sorry
I guess it could have been worse

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Geico is workin up an estimate for me. I couldn't really see the Victory burning, the harley in front of it though I could see burning pretty clearly. The license place melted right into the puddle of aluminum on the victory it got so hot. I am not sure about replacement yet, I really loved the XCT though so that would be my first thought, although since I've been doing much less long distance and mostly short rides, the Magnum has my eye as well.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yeah Geico is workin up an estimate for me. I couldn't really see the Victory burning, the harley in front of it though I could see burning pretty clearly. The license place melted right into the puddle of aluminum on the victory it got so hot. I am not sure about replacement yet, I really loved the XCT though so that would be my first thought, although since I've been doing much less long distance and mostly short rides, the Magnum has my eye as well.
Sorry for your loss but on the positive side, you get a new one!
Any insight into what may have caused the fire?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hope Geico treats you right, you can dispute a lowball estimate if the numbers come back crappy.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Damn brothers that is a sore site ..... Please keep us updated on the outcome ..... This you do not see oftentimes

:mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Eh.....only a Sporty....dime a dozen but the Vic is hard. I love mine so much it would be heart melting to see.

Sorry to see it happen and glad that everyone is safe.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Eh.....only a Sporty....dime a dozen but the Vic is hard. I love mine so much it would be heart melting to see.
I wouldn't say Sporty's are dime a dozen. They have value and can be really good bikes.

That said; when the insurance comes in, it will be a good time to turn that bushel of lemons into lemonade. Build another shop and combine the funds from both bikes to get a really good one of his choosing. The Magnum X-1 sounds like a winner! Not for the extra tunes so much as how the bike looks and is set up overall.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I wouldn't say Sporty's are dime a dozen. They have value and can be really good bikes.

That said; when the insurance comes in, it will be a good time to turn that bushel of lemons into lemonade. Build another shop and combine the funds from both bikes to get a really good one of his choosing. The Magnum X-1 sounds like a winner! Not for the extra tunes so much as how the bike looks and is set up overall.

Bbob you and I think a like... Sporty's are not a dime a dozen when a man has taken the time to make it his own... Maybe it was the OP's first bike or his favourite bike. The beauty about the Magnum X1 is it can be a full touring machine if you choose!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Lem...The voice of experience here. Claims agents are under great pressure to (1) Pay out nothing or next to it and (2) get your claim off their desk pronto cuz more are coming in daily. Your job is to stall as long as you can and then some. OTOH, sometimes property claims can go smoothly. Its the personal injury claims guys that can be real bastards. Good luck, you may need it with Geico. They get away with mayhem here in Oregon, but mainly because our legislature has been bought by the insurance industry, as well as the unions.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dayum! That sucks like a Hoover. Hope you get a quick and fair settlement and are back on two wheels soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow wow wow, wtf.
Insurance should cover. You might end up having more money than expected. Could cheer you up after such a disaster :/

1 - 20 of 30 Posts