Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday is expected to be 81 F°. I have 2 new tires and rebuilt forks. If I get all my honeydoos done :kiss, I get to ride.

Some of you colder states folks are getting some warm stuff as well if you ain't jumped the gun and put your little bikes in the shed with it's blankey and trickle charge thingy.

I think it should be getting really cold here around Jan/Feb where we will see highs in the 50's and I'll have to really wrap up to protect my smooth skin and not get frost bite... that would be a terrible thing. :grin

Cheerio!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Gonna be near 60 today but didn't ride because wet leaves + motorcycle = no fun for me.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Took a lunch ride yesterday with a buddy - the high was 50 and we got drizzle for most of the ride - once we were over half way there, so committed. Loved the ride - was warm and the shield kept the rain off of my face. Seems like you remember the rides that had "weather" issues more than the perfect weather rides. :smile

Also - the saloon we went to had one of the best burgers I've ever had, we will be going back there for sure!

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I guess the Western drought is over...we're drowning out here. Floods and slides all over the region.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I guess the Western drought is over...we're drowning out here. Floods and slides all over the region.
Agreed, we have been getting storms every 5-7 days. Heavy rain here today & tomorrow. Then again late Saturday thru Sunday. Glad to see the wet weather

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I replaced the rear with another dunflop cause the other one gave me almost 12K. I have a Michelin on the front. Man I love to ride! I can tell a difference in the handling taking a curve. Less resistance on this one. Seems to be a lower profile than the D417. Take some getting used to.

ignore the tag please...

42C6012C-D7D5-471A-9FC6-0413E08AA060.jpg

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Agreed, we have been getting storms every 5-7 days. Heavy rain here today & tomorrow. Then again late Saturday thru Sunday. Glad to see the wet weather
That should help to refill Lake Shasta.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was all set to ride to work today, opened the garage to find rain, fog and heavy leaves again. Closed the door and got the keys to the truck, mid afternoon and the fog is still around but the roads are almost all dry, riding after work...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mid 50's in Chicago on December 10. Seemed like a great opportunity to remove the winter cover, pop the battery back in and ride to work, so I did!
Gonna leave a little early and take the looong way home. :grin
10Dec.jpg

Reactions: SubDude

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mid 50's in Chicago on December 10. Seemed like a great opportunity to remove the winter cover, pop the battery back in and ride to work, so I did!
Gonna leave a little early and take the looong way home. :grin
View attachment 162849
The weather has been excellent here on Long Island for some time now but unfortunately I am unable to ride because my bike is still in the shop waiting for repairs after my accident.:frown

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice Indian JP. I don't blame you man!

Wait! That is a Vic.. the colors threw me off.
Ha! Well, they are both Polaris products.
That is a stock paint job on the bike. Except the bags. But I had those painted to match the bike. It started life with those pleather-like bags.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I put my bike away way too early this year..... :frown
But on the other hand, I wouldn't have been able to ride on any of the freak extra nice days we've had anyway. Even this weekend, Sat. I have plans and Sunday is the Progressive IMS in NYC and I'm the taxi.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts