Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a poker run yesterday and one of the guys I met up with had a 2011 Harley Fat Boy with the 103 upgrade and a stage 4 kit (whatever that means). He and I raced from 5 mph up to about 75 mph.

We were neck and neck the whole way. He seemed to have to shift alot more that I did. No one won, I would call it a tie.

Just a story for reference. thumb up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some looking around, here is what the stage 4 kit includes:

From the Harley Company Site:
"This Street Performance kit provides the maximum horsepower output for a legal 103 kit that will maintain the factory warranty.
Kit includes
  • Screamin' Eagle® CNC Ported Factory Cylinder heads
  • 58mm ETC throttle body
  • SE-259E cams
  • 10.5 to 1 compression pistons
  • Perfect-Fit pushrods
  • SE clutch spring, and all required engine gaskets
Street Performance kit produces 103 hp and 110 ft-lbs of torque
All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately)"

I bet he had a lot more $$ into his rig than me....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cams, throttle body, pistons, and new heads. I would think he had a lot more than you into it. Sportsters are the fastest HD outside of a V Rod.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
harley upgrades =$$$$

theres a lot of aftermarket support for outdated harley powerplants because it takes a lot of $$$$ to just catch up to anything more modern as the vic is!! their biggie is almost nothing to adjust beside the fluid changes and of course worn-broken parts!! harley sells bling + look i am driving a harley! "big deal" when i tested an 08 hammer everyone was "lookin"

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
He had more money into his rig before he even thought of the "stage4" kit.

If you can do the work, for about $1,00 or so Lloydz would put you clearly out in front for probably about the same as he paid for his bike.
He'll need a rebuild way sooner too !!!!

But....we will never have that "harley sound"

·
Registered
608 Posts
After some looking around, here is what the stage 4 kit includes:

"This Street Performance kit provides the maximum horsepower output for a legal 103 kit that will maintain the factory warranty.
Kit includes
  • Screamin' Eagle® CNC Ported Factory Cylinder heads
  • 58mm ETC throttle body
  • SE-259E cams
  • 10.5 to 1 compression pistons
  • Perfect-Fit pushrods
  • SE clutch spring, and all required engine gaskets
Street Performance kit produces 103 hp and 110 ft-lbs of torque
All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately)"

If he spent that much on that bike and he couldn't walk away from you then I would say you kicked his ass.

At least he should be pissed............

Good job

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Well, boys and girls, the difference is right there in front of us. Victory owners can make 130+ HP with the STOCK HEADS and STOCK THROTTLE BODIES. The HD is lucky to make 1 HP/CI with aftermarket heads and big ol' 58mm throttle bodies.

In all seriousness, if you want to make power with a Harley, the best way is to sell the HD engine on ebay and buy a real engine from S&S, R&R, G2, or have a 120R prepped and beefed up by a competent builder. It will be cheaper in the long run and more reliable to replace the engine than to try converting a stock Twin Cam into something that makes strong power reliably.

If the 'stage 4' HD engine has a stock bottom end/crank, I'll bet dollars to donuts it won't live long if he flogs it. The OEM pressed crank ain't much. The best money spent on one of those is weld/plug/true/Timken bearing treatment on the bottom end. You didn't build your house on a foundation of Dixie cups, did you?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
He had more money into his rig before he even thought of the "stage4" kit.

If you can do the work, for about $1,00 or so Lloydz would put you clearly out in front for probably about the same as he paid for his bike.
He'll need a rebuild way sooner too !!!!

But....we will never have that "harley sound"
Victory's sound good too. My HD friends dig them. Especially with a set of D&D's hanging out the back. More like a big block ! BROOM! BROOM! :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
...Street Performance kit produces 103 hp and 110 ft-lbs of torque...
He had a LOT more $'s in the bike and then even more $'s in the engine work so figure you are probably around $5K less $'s sunk into yours.

The other thing I (love/laugh) about are the HP/TQ "claims". I'd like to see a stage 4 harley actually GET those numbers. For comparison, your Highball probably came stock with around 83-87HP and the stage 1 might have gotten it up to around 92-94HP, right? If he had actually gotten anywhere NEAR the numbers they "market", he would have walked you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My buddy had a '12 street glide with the 103, SE cams, heavy breather, V&H power duals, and Rinehart mufflers. We never officially raced but we both got into our bikes from red light to red light one afternoon in Pittsburgh. He was in front of me, but never pulled away. And he started out in front of me. And I'm bone stock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
396 Posts
getcha some aftermarket pipes and air box
an smoke his ass!!:crzy:cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts