Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
The magnum radio control they're talking about has a round center control instead if the early-style 3 vertical rocker switches.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am very busy and ins the process getting my bike ready for spring. So far I have spend about $3000 in repairs and custom parts. Its been fun. :grin My only worry is the EPA and how long I should put off the performance updates that will happen soon but Hells Bells... Knowing what I know... I hate to take the bike out of my drive way on the gov. approved stock map. WTF! ?

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Running a bone stock EPA approved Victory is fine. It will just likely run a bit hotter and with much less performance than one that's been liberated. If it sounds and feels restricted and constipated, it's stock. The less restricted and constipated you make it, the happier it, and you will be. Now, your finances, yea, they'll be taking a hit. If you spent that $3K mostly on performance, you'd be done about now. If you spent it mostly on repairs and/or aesthetics, you haven't yet begun to feel the performance that's readily available. But then you'd likely have a nice looking show pony instead of a good running go pony. There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you're looking for. These things take time and yes, money. I haven't found a money tree in my yard yet that's for sure so things take time.

Phase two comes after spending that $3K mostly on the 'low hanging fruit' performance mods. There's so much more available with a big bore kit, throttle body modifications, head work and even forced induction etc. Sadly for the financial aspect of Victory ownership, it doesn't take long to get used to the increased performance you have. Then you read about the many additional options available and well, your finances may take yet another hit. But each time it's well below what replacing the bike would cost.

My beautiful and fully (low hanging fruit) modded 2012 CCT is barely worth $12K at retail. It's equivalent aesthetic and performance replacement at this point would be something like a H-D CVO at over $35K. Even if they'd take my CCT as trade in I'd have to shell out over $25K for the H-D that still doesn't have the room of the CCT. Not to mention the exclusivity of a CCT compared to a CVO which are all too common.

What to do next with my CCT? Barring an accident, it could easily outlast me. But I can't stop looking at the Revolution Performance 117" big bore kit with head and throttle body work. All in, all done I'm guessing around $5K. No, I don't need titanium valves on a two up touring rig. Seems like a bargain compared to the $25K it would take to get a cramped, all too common H-D CVO back to where I left off with the CCT 'starting point'.

The Yamaha Venture at $27K, isn't cramped at all but the trunk isn't designed to come off in under 3 minutes. My CCT looks every bit a CC today. Then that 113" Yamaha engine is bone stock and I'd still be at a starting point from a performance perspective.

Decisions, decisions. Spending over $5K on a 6 model year old CCT that's barely worth $10K on a trade in for a $35K CVO is a bit much to wrap my head around. Then again, I'm not taking anything with me when I leave this planet so...

So, that $3K you've spent, you're just getting started. You've put in your ante so to speak, now it's time to start the game. Welcome to the sickness.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Going on 6 years and I have avoided the performance fever. Still content with the stock power. Ignorance is bliss!

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Going on 6 years and I have avoided the performance fever. Still content with the stock power. Ignorance is bliss!
I admire your steadfastness.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Strange thing is that I have messed with every vehicle I have owned since I was 16. I have even had my 2014 chevy truck programmed! I guess it is where I came from a smaller displacement street bike before plus I also ride my restored 73 Kawasaki 175 2 stroke quite a bit so when I hop on the big V-twin it seems pretty damn powerful stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts