Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all. Need a little help if possible. I have a 2011 XC with stock radio. I recently purchased the Sena SMH10 bluetooth unit for my helmet so I could connect to my phone, talk to other riders, etc. My question is---is there something that I can hook to my radio to make it bluetooh---so I can hear it thru my Sena unit ? Right now when I am on the interstate or have a lot of wind I listen to Pandora on my phone. It works really good except that Pandora has a tendancy to cut off after awhile and then I have to pull over and start it up again. There's got to be a way that I can make my radio bluetooth so I can listen to it thu the Sena. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Good morning all. Need a little help if possible. I have a 2011 XC with stock radio. I recently purchased the Sena SMH10 bluetooth unit for my helmet so I could connect to my phone, talk to other riders, etc. My question is---is there something that I can hook to my radio to make it bluetooh---so I can hear it thru my Sena unit ? Right now when I am on the interstate or have a lot of wind I listen to Pandora on my phone. It works really good except that Pandora has a tendancy to cut off after awhile and then I have to pull over and start it up again. There's got to be a way that I can make my radio bluetooth so I can listen to it thu the Sena. Thanks in advance for your help.
Good morning. Have a looksie at this gizmo: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-sm10-dual-stream-bluetooth-stereo-transmitter cheers

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you listen to a particular radio station, there are several phone apps that stream radio stations as well. TuneIn Radio works very well for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Crossroads, I will look into that unit. Just have to figure out how to connect it to the radio. I do have an idea. Bnhender, as for local radio stations, they all pretty much suck. When I'm in my truck XM is always on. I am going to Montgomery this weekend to visit my son and his family. Will get to spend time with the twin grandbabies. My son is going to help me install new speakers in the bike, and hopefully I can finally wire up one of my portable XM players. But I would still like to be able to listen to the radio/XM thru my Sena headsets. Thanks for the replies !!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks Crossroads, I will look into that unit. Just have to figure out how to connect it to the radio. I do have an idea. Bnhender, as for local radio stations, they all pretty much suck. When I'm in my truck XM is always on. I am going to Montgomery this weekend to visit my son and his family. Will get to spend time with the twin grandbabies. My son is going to help me install new speakers in the bike, and hopefully I can finally wire up one of my portable XM players. But I would still like to be able to listen to the radio/XM thru my Sena headsets. Thanks for the replies !!
Enjoy the family time. On the phone app, I believe you can grab any station and they also have specific ones for the app...it is certainly not a solution for XM though.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Victory makes a Sena bluetooth dongle, I would assume that would work on your XC. Part # 2878916

·
Registered
66 Posts
Victory makes a Sena bluetooth dongle, I would assume that would work on your XC. Part # 2878916
If all a person wanted to do was play music from an Android phone through the stock XC stereo system, is there anything else required other than this bluetooth dongle? Is there an open connector inside the fairing to plug this thing in?

·
Registered
539 Posts
If all a person wanted to do was play music from an Android phone through the stock XC stereo system, is there anything else required other than this bluetooth dongle? Is there an open connector inside the fairing to plug this thing in?
On my VV there is a harness that you plug the dongle into under the trunk. Not sure where on an XC it is, but I assume it works for an XC as well. The dongle doesn't allow you to play music through your radio from a phone. It just transmits what is playing from your radio to the Sena headset. On my VV there was an audio plug in the glove box. If I had an android phone I would just select AUX and plug the stereo plug in the glove box into the phone. I have an IPhone so I replaced the audio plug with an IPhone harness.

If you want to play music from your phone through your stereo the dongle won't help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On my VV there is a harness that you plug the dongle into under the trunk. Not sure where on an XC it is, but I assume it works for an XC as well. The dongle doesn't allow you to play music through your radio from a phone. It just transmits what is playing from your radio to the Sena headset. On my VV there was an audio plug in the glove box. If I had an android phone I would just select AUX and plug the stereo plug in the glove box into the phone. I have an IPhone so I replaced the audio plug with an IPhone harness.

If you want to play music from your phone through your stereo the dongle won't help.
Ahhhh, ok. This does the opposite of what I'm looking for. thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
JFeisty,
Do you own a smartphone? Are you willing to pay XM $3 more dollars a month? Do you have a big data plan? If you answered yes to all 3, just use the xm radio app and stream your XM into Bluetooth helmet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
JFeisty,
Do you own a smartphone? Are you willing to pay XM $3 more dollars a month? Do you have a big data plan? If you answered yes to all 3, just use the xm radio app and stream your XM into Bluetooth helmet.
Yes, yes, and no. And....I don't have bluetooth in my helmet. What I'm really looking for is exactly the experience you experience in your car.....audio from phone comes through the stereo system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In that case I would recommend the iPhone connector. Someone has modded it to work with android phones if that is your flavor instead. As far as I know that is the closest you will get. I stream my XM through bike audio this way using phone.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I talked to a buddy this morning and his new Indian Chieftain (that he took delivery of last night) has BT built into the radio. Hopefully Victory will catch on for future consideration.

·
Registered
790 Posts
These devices let you stream your phone INTO the Victory system through the IPOD connector on the bike. That's what I use, but since you want the radio through your headset (which I personally hate, the sound quality is not real good through those little speakers) maybe you could then add the Dongle to stream bike to your headset?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That is exactly what I want to do---listen to the radio thru my Sena headsets. Someone listed the part # for the dongle but when I did a search on the Vic website, I came up with nothing. You're right as far as music quality in the headsets but at freeway speeds I have a hard time hearing the speakers, even with the upgrade to the Polks, which I did last weekend. It is a vast improvement over stock speakers but I would still like to listen to the radio thru the Sena on long rides. Thanks again for all the replies.

·
Registered
539 Posts
PM Paul over at Honda East. He gave me a pretty good price on one. I ended up not getting it and went with the IPhone cable instead. I never listen to radio so I decided I wanted to be able to play my IPhone through the Bike's system. I don't need a dongle to listen to the IPhone through the Sena.

If I do a simple goggle search for Victory 2878916. I get several places to purchase it from.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Term !!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts