Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new bike, dealer was very quick to go through delivery checklist...in fact... didn't! Just asked what I wanted to know. First I asked, how do you control the IPOD? Other than volume, he didn't know. How do you turn off the Radio I inquired? You don't he said, just turn down the volume. Are there terminals anywhere besides under the chin for jump starting (I own a Prius so logical question for me...), don't think so he replied...:confused:

Well you get the idea. Yea they can't know everything, I agree. So off I went to read the manual. Guess what? no real directions in the Manual for the radio either! So here is what I learned from a SERVICE MANUAL which cost what? $145???? Hope this helps some others

1) you CAN turn off the radio. HOLD the - Volume button until Victory scrolls across the readout. Press + Volume and it goes back to last volume used.
2) Besides the obvious tune + or - to advance through song, hold makes it go faster (duh!) and DOUBLE tapping "-" brings up song selection in Album/Play list!
3) Holding PRE brings up choices for Album/artist/playlist... then tune + or - scrolls, PRE acts as an enter key!

If you knew this sorry to waste your time, if you didn't, save the $145 or the "illegal" download.:D

and..oh yea... looks like no terminals...wonder if it's safe to raise the fuse on my trickle charger (5 amp Harley Global) so I can use the pig tail for emergencies... (not just me but others needing a boost)

·
Registered
566 Posts
When I picked up my new bike, dealer was very quick to go through delivery checklist...in fact... didn't! Just asked what I wanted to know. First I asked, how do you control the IPOD? Other than volume, he didn't know. How do you turn off the Radio I inquired? You don't he said, just turn down the volume. Are there terminals anywhere besides under the chin for jump starting (I own a Prius so logical question for me...), don't think so he replied...:confused:

Well you get the idea. Yea they can't know everything, I agree. So off I went to read the manual. Guess what? no real directions in the Manual for the radio either! So here is what I learned from a SERVICE MANUAL which cost what? $145???? Hope this helps some others

1) you CAN turn off the radio. HOLD the - Volume button until Victory scrolls across the readout. Press + Volume and it goes back to last volume used.
2) Besides the obvious tune + or - to advance through song, hold makes it go faster (duh!) and DOUBLE tapping "-" brings up song selection in Album/Play list!
3) Holding PRE brings up choices for Album/artist/playlist... then tune + or - scrolls, PRE acts as an enter key!

If you knew this sorry to waste your time, if you didn't, save the $145 or the "illegal" download.:D

and..oh yea... looks like no terminals...wonder if it's safe to raise the fuse on my trickle charger (5 amp Harley Global) so I can use the pig tail for emergencies... (not just me but others needing a boost)
Thanks for the good info. I have a copy of the service manual and that's how I found out about the PRE button but I'm sure many on here don't know about it.

The only way to get to the battery is to remove the chin, essentially three (if I recall correctly - it's been awhile) small screws at the bottom of the chin and then slide the chin out. Pretty straight forward but could be a real pain on the side of the road somewhere, especially without a tool kit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SC Radio

Thanks thumb up, I thought there must be a way to shut it off. Does your $145 manual show you how the GPS integration harness connects so you can get the directions over the radio? I'm trying to avoid paying for an overpriced harness when I have the Zumo one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The alternate jump locations was something I was wondering about. It's a pain to take off the front cow catcher just to get to the battery.

Good info on the interface for the music player too. I've been debating if its really worth the cost of the cord or if I can play music via a bluetooth connection from the phone through the gps. Maybe that's something I can try on a rainy day.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afraid to admit it but I didn't buy the manual. One of the members here sells products and if you do a search you find more info. I did buy a new kickstand from him if gives you a clue.

I do plan to buy the harness and 660, but not from Zumo. My dealer made me leave my gps on my last bike. Search some more and you'll find alot of info on gps integration. Looks worth it, allows ipod to play and routing directions will interupt,or you can switch ipod aux to gps mp3, but then you control mp3 from zumo and not left control. Bluetooth phone connects through zumo to let you know who's calling, but I think you need head set to answer. Also I don't think you can bluetooth stream Pandora unfortunately. You'd have to change ipod connector to audioplug, unless someone knows a different way. Still learning. If someone knows where to buy an ipod adapter to audio plug that would be perfect

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of that information WAS in the OWNERS manual that came with my 201 XC.
I see no reference to any of it in mine, unless they gave me a wrong manual. In any event I guess you were lucky and certainly don't need this thread which is why I referenced sorry to waste your time if you already knew.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I see no reference to any of it in mine, unless they gave me a wrong manual. In any event I guess you were lucky and certainly don't need this thread which is why I referenced sorry to waste your time if you already knew.
No waste of time, it is funny that they have different owners manuals for the same bike. I will try to upload the pages from the manual on the MP3/Ipod instructions, Oh well I tried the four pages I tried to upload were to large. I tried to zip but they were still to large. If you PM me I can send the complete owners manual in a email.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No waste of time, it is funny that they have different owners manuals for the same bike. I will try to upload the pages from the manual on the MP3/Ipod instructions, Oh well I tried the four pages I tried to upload were to large. I tried to zip but they were still to large. If you PM me I can send the complete owners manual in a email.
I appreciate it, but I do have access to a copy of the 2011 service manual available to me. Others may need it so if you can post it I'm sure they would appreciate it. I read my post again and sorry if attitude was involved, I'm new to this forum and only trying to post what I can't find on a search or what I think someone else might need.

Some posts like CrossRoad's directions on O2 Sensors should be permant threads so people don't need to search. Your manual for the radio should be another. I read a review recently online of the 2012 Tour and they had no clue either and specifically mentioned it in the article.

UPDATE:
I revisted my manual. Found nothing on IPOD/radio. Called my dealer and asked why in older manuals and not mine? Seems my manual stopped at page 100. What a coincidence, but that's the last page for warranty info. Seems there is another section for specs, radio, and other additional items! Thanks for the Heads Up!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I revisted my manual. Found nothing on IPOD/radio. Called my dealer and asked why in older manuals and not mine? Seems my manual stopped at page 100. What a coincidence, but that's the last page for warranty info. Seems there is another section for specs, radio, and other additional items!
Does your rider manual say "2012 Rider's Manual" on the cover? Mine does and on page 118 it has the ipod directions. My 2011 book also had this info although I can't remember what page.

If you have a 12 and yours doesn't go beyond pg 100 ask your dealer to call Victory and ask why and send you the correct book.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does your rider manual say "2012 Rider's Manual" on the cover? Mine does and on page 118 it has the ipod directions. My 2011 book also had this info although I can't remember what page.

If you have a 12 and yours doesn't go beyond pg 100 ask your dealer to call Victory and ask why and send you the correct book.
Yep, it does, and I did. I think they just forgot to put the remaining pages in. I also found a picture of a kick stand in it with a boot assist. I told the dealer I want the one in the book. He says Victory claims they have no such item. What does yours show on page 79?

I guess it won't mater by next week as I'll be lowered with a lowered kick stand too.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My page 79 shows a pic with a boot assist but I have never seen one on an XC(T) you might be interested in this though:

http://www.noemtz.com/kickstandextensions.htm
Yea, he fixed me up, but I need a lower stand. Got the last one with extension. Here's what I got coming in: If Victory had sent me the one on page 79 would have save alot of money by cut and welding! Evidently at one point they realized a tough stand to find with your foot.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not only tough finding it, with my short (28") inseam I can only get the stand down about 3.4 then I have to use my toes to extend it all the way. :ltr:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not only tough finding it, with my short (28") inseam I can only get the stand down about 3.4 then I have to use my toes to extend it all the way. :ltr:
28" I wish! I've got 26" which is why I need the extension and lowering. Kuryakyn makes a bolt on chrome one you should look for. Reasonable price and safer for you and your passenger.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 2010 kickstand had the boot jack. That's what's on mine.
2010 part #1017147-067 Side stand, black, with extension
2011 part #5137601-266 Side stand, black

Don't know if the 2010 part is available or not.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
You can download the 2011 XC/XR service manual HERE.

Mike: Where did you find those kickstands? Got a link?

Kuryakyn doesn't carry a kickstand for Victory (that I could find) but they do carry the extension pictured below.

Noemtz stand extension painted black is pictured below and I find it to work perfectly. Finding the kickstand is effortless.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
The 2010 kickstand had the boot jack. That's what's on mine.
2010 part #1017147-067 Side stand, black, with extension
2011 part #5137601-266 Side stand, black

Don't know if the 2010 part is available or not.
I don't think it is. If you go HERE and scroll down to the bottom you will see that the '11 model replaces the '10 model kickstand.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BBob,

Got it from Noe. He only had one of each in stock. HMD is out of stock unless you send him one in advance to fabricate.

http://www.noemtz.com/1loweringlink.htm

Just arrived, bike is at mechanic getting dropped 2" and the kickstand installed. We'll see how the extension works real soon! I still think I may have to weld a Harley extension.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the link BBob. That is what I was looking for.
We have a house in LHC and will be down for November. Maybe we can get together for a coffee or a ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts