Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenthe bike is started the radio cannot find any radio station the only thing that i can get is static, but if turn the bike off and use the accessory position of the switch i can hear all stations without a problem. Need advice to identify the problem

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Strange , like you are getting some form of interference from the motor perhaps .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
J. not to hijack your thread , but when I am listening to my ipod in the saddlebag and I stop for gas or to go into the store , when I come out it show AUX and I cant get the ipod to play again until I disconnect it , and plug it back in . A pain in the ass to say the least .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found thr problem but i do not know how to fixed i have installed 2 led driving lights using the switched power inside the fairing the lights work ok. I disconected the lights and the radio is working perfectly reconected the lights straight to the battery and the radio has the problem again

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
My radio works fine on FM however the AM I can only have on for a few minutes, then I get a high pitched whine that makes it impossible to listen to. I've been watching Ebay hoping to find one. in your case you know what's causing the issue. I'm betting someone here can help

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Travis.. AM may outlive FM with FM is being automated in so many markets. At Least with Am I can listen to some news. No matter which I would like all the features on my Hooptie to work for the most part.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
J. not to hijack your thread , but when I am listening to my ipod in the saddlebag and I stop for gas or to go into the store , when I come out it show AUX and I cant get the ipod to play again until I disconnect it , and plug it back in . A pain in the ass to say the least .

J, my bike does the same thing and when I was at the cam party last month KevinX told me it was the cable from the fairing to the bags going bad.This really bites because when I got my XC I bought both cables and then found out I already had the cable that is going bad(fairing to bags)... I bought it for $100 and sold it for $50, never even used it:(

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I wonder if its covered under warranty , only had my bike 8 months , and 5 of those months we had 7' of snow on the ground !!!!!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Travis, good for you, diff strokes for.

I rarely use a cell phone and never use it when I'm riding or driving. I damn sure don't want it connected to any part of the audio system on my bike. I find several stations I enjoy listening to on the road at night.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Could hardly get any radio stations after I installed my hid light, so I took the ferrite coil off the power cord on my TV and put it between the output of the ballast and the igniter. I'll have to ride it tomorrow to see how much it helped

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could hardly get any radio stations after I installed my hid light, so I took the ferrite coil off the power cord on my TV and put it between the output of the ballast and the igniter. I'll have to ride it tomorrow to see how much it helped
Please let me know the results thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
You have an electrical noise problem. Those lights are making so much EMF noise it is blocking ot the FM stations.

Don't know if there is an easy fix. Might try a larger inductor installed near the LED in the power wire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts