Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

I just got my '11 XC a few weeks ago. I only have 100 miles on it because of rain and snow but love it so far. The wind coming over the stock blade was horrible, but the face shield on my helmet takes care of that until the flip windshield comes in on Friday. I'll post a review when I get some street time in.

Anyway, I noticed on the radio the option to turn off the external speakers but haven't been able to find any information on redirecting the output to helmet speakers. Is it possible to have the radio play to either bluetooth or wired headsets?

I'll be getting new helmets and comm soon and wanted to know if it were possible either wired or bluetooth before making a decision. I saw info on how to run gps, cb, etc to the bikes speakers, but nothing on going to helmet speakers.

Thanks in advance,
JCBiker

·
Registered
154 Posts
Been wondering the same thing,hopefully there is a way, I looked at the book and looked for a plug for a headset, no luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hiya

I just got my '11 XC a few weeks ago. I only have 100 miles on it because of rain and snow but love it so far. The wind coming over the stock blade was horrible, but the face shield on my helmet takes care of that until the flip windshield comes in on Friday. I'll post a review when I get some street time in.

Anyway, I noticed on the radio the option to turn off the external speakers but haven't been able to find any information on redirecting the output to helmet speakers. Is it possible to have the radio play to either bluetooth or wired headsets?

I'll be getting new helmets and comm soon and wanted to know if it were possible either wired or bluetooth before making a decision. I saw info on how to run gps, cb, etc to the bikes speakers, but nothing on going to helmet speakers.

Thanks in advance,
JCBiker
I think you have to have the victory CB/intercom to get it through the headsets

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You can do it but but you'll be Radio Shack creative. You could either connect a Bluetooth transmitter or a f-plug (mini headphone Jack) to your deck. The f-plug is the easiest but the least convenient because you would have to plug into your helmet too. It's even more inconvenient if there are two riders.

Note that not all motorcycle communication systems have a plug for external source -- some are strictly Bluetooth. I bought the Sema SMH-10 communication system. It works with up to three Bluetooth devices and one external device per headset.

Checkout webbikeworld and see if they have a Bluetooth transmitter in their reviews. If they have already reviewed some it will eliminate some of the guess work and let you see which one rated best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gwritesel, thanks I'll look into the CB option when I'm at the dealership tomorrow. Although, these guys don't really know that much about the bike. They kept trying to tell me that I'd have to take off the seat to mount the trunk. It's worth asking anyway.

ammo_umb, the bluetooth transmitter definitely seems like the way to go since I really want bluetooth this time around. I'll take a look at webbikeworld to see what they say.

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
12 Posts
gwritesel, thanks I'll look into the CB option when I'm at the dealership tomorrow. Although, these guys don't really know that much about the bike. They kept trying to tell me that I'd have to take off the seat to mount the trunk. It's worth asking anyway.

ammo_umb, the bluetooth transmitter definitely seems like the way to go since I really want bluetooth this time around. I'll take a look at webbikeworld to see what they say.

Thanks for the info guys
if it were a 2010 you would have to take off the seat because you have to change the subframe under the fender,they call it the uplift kit.just put a trunk on my 2010 last week.
Geo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it were a 2010 you would have to take off the seat because you have to change the subframe under the fender,they call it the uplift kit.just put a trunk on my 2010 last week.
Geo.
Ah. I didn't know that. I'll have to give them a little slack then. :) On my 2011, I just basically snap it in, close the locking levers, and plug in the wiring harness under the lip of the seat. Easy Peasy. Of course, if I don't put in the safety bolts, anyone can remove it just as easily but that's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah. I didn't know that. I'll have to give them a little slack then. :) On my 2011, I just basically snap it in, close the locking levers, and plug in the wiring harness under the lip of the seat. Easy Peasy. Of course, if I don't put in the safety bolts, anyone can remove it just as easily but that's what insurance is for.
once the uplift kit is installed that's all you have to do with mine snap it in,close the levers and plug it in

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the CB/Icom and I believe that is the only way to run helmet speakers. I do enjoy mine. I like my music loud and I know other people qlwqys looked at me funny at stop signs lol. I don't have to worry anymore though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the CB/Icom and I believe that is the only way to run helmet speakers. I do enjoy mine. I like my music loud and I know other people qlwqys looked at me funny at stop signs lol. I don't have to worry anymore though.
Well, I think the CB and all will have to wait. I just took off to a local shop I didn't know existed before today and picked up the 2 Nolan N43 Trilogy helmets and the Cardo Q2 Multiset on sale for 1/2 off with free installation. I think it was a good deal even through Revzilla is having a slightly better sale, I'd have to install the comm myself if I went that way though.

This set has an FM radio receiver built in, so it's not much of an issue now unless the reception isn't that great... we'll see. I'm now officially broke until my tax refund comes in. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts