Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 vision several months ago, love the bike, but I had a little transistor radio 30 years ago that picked up more radio stations. Just mine, or are they all that bad? Can an external antenna be added to help?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I purchased a 2008 vision several months ago, love the bike, but I had a little transistor radio 30 years ago that picked up more radio stations. Just mine, or are they all that bad? Can an external antenna be added to help?
Yes, a new/better antenna will help. Check out Firestick, they are CB antennas but can also be used in a dual mode as CB/Radio or just radio. Have heard a couple 2-3 riders using those as primary radio and they make a splitter for CB/Radio. They are nice looking antennas.

Also, under the front access panel on the wing, if it is the same as the 11's, you should see a 2nd connector the antenna on the back of the wing cover tucked away on riders right side by the turn signal. May have come disconnected. I actually think I ran across a pic of it today cleaning out some images and tossed it in a folder.. Will look later. The other possible loose connection and it really sucks is under the console facing forward on the bike. Will take a little to get in there and reseat that one. Maybe use a little dielectric grease too to keep out moisture.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts