Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was caught out in the rain yesterday and noticed that when I had clutched in the hazards came on....anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Was caught out in the rain yesterday and noticed that when I had clutched in the hazards came on....anyone else have this issue?
HUH? What do you mean by "clutched in?" and what hazards are you speaking of? If you are pulling the clutch lever in while attempting to negotiate hazards in the wet - that's wrong. Motorcycles operate best under power. But that power needs to be greatly modulated in the wet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

When I was coming to a stop I would pull in the clutch and the 4 wayy or hazard lights came oon

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Now I get it. I can't help you with that problem, sorry. I often hit the hazard light switch when wanting to flip the high beams on. Guess I need to get my synapses wired better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was riding in the rain today myself and noticed my hazards were on, I thought I just bumped the switch. I'll see if this is a pattern. I have 2011 Cross Roads.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Been out the rain a few times , a couple of light and a few steady rains. No heavy rains yet.

It hasn't happened yet but I will keep my eye out for it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy

i got aught out a bit last fall...ended up with a couple of hundred in the rain....some hard.like in go 30...some not so much like in hack it at 60 ... but all moving highway other than a stop for leather...no issues other than the rain itself......perhaps the focus is the stopping and letting it drip in?

·
Registered
679 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I washed my XC at a car wash. I took it to my dealer, they pulled apart the switch box assembly on the handle bars and lubed all of the connections with dielectric grease. I have not had any problems since with that, but my ipod connection (outside of the saddlebag) started acting up. I have started using the lube on all of the electric plug ins. I am disappointed with vic having that kind of a problem with wiring plugs. They have been building (polaris) vehicles designed for severe weather use from day one. You would think they wouldn't have that kind of problem. :(:(

·
Registered
693 Posts
No issues on my end and about half the riding I've done this year has been in the rain since buying the bike. Ugh. lol I'll keep an eye out of it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just did a 400 mile ride in which the last 300 miles were in the rain all at highway speeds. I didn't have any problems but I will pay closer attention now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts