Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these posts about these torque tubes getting wet sucking in water in the motor cutting out, I came to the conclusion that the throttle bodies get dirty when the filters get wet big investment big disappointment it has nothing to do with the spark plugs has nothing to do with any type of wiring around your bike as soon as torque tubes go back to the big sucker you won't have that problem. Anybody else have any thoughts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I see these posts about these torque tubes getting wet sucking in water in the motor cutting out, I came to the conclusion that the throttle bodies get dirty when the filters get wet big investment big disappointment it has nothing to do with the spark plugs has nothing to do with any type of wiring around your bike as soon as torque tubes go back to the big sucker you won't have that problem. Anybody else have any thoughts
I heard that Witchdoctors make little umbrellas that attach to the ends of the filters. $89 + $29.95 shipping.:devil

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I heard that Witchdoctors make little umbrellas that attach to the ends of the filters. $89 + $29.95 shipping.:devil
He's lowered his shipping?? :D

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
All the time Ive had em and ridden in full on deluges Ive never had the bike stop on me.
Once when I was going through a dry tunnel and it was really torrential outside I cracked the throttle wide open and she stuttered a bit but hey it was extreme provocation and the filters woulda been saturated.
Normal riding in rains not a problem...You can get rainsocks for em that work as a sorta prefilter if you're worried.
Google water injection..a little moisture actually help cool the charge!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Found this other thread PERFECT info, after some clicking i got the right numbers went to K&N website and found them see below

Air Filter Wrap SN-2510PK

This product wraps your air filter with an additional pre-filter

Order Summary

QtyDescriptionPart #Unit Price

1 Air Filter Wrap SN-2510PK $25.82

1 Air Filter Wrap SN-2530PK $25.82

Currency: USD

Product Total: $51.64

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I don't have Torque Tubes but I do have the Lloyds air filter on my CCT with the old Bad Ace Billet tank risers. I've been caught in more torrential downpours than I care to recall. My CCT has a sincere yearning to be water cooled. If there's rain within a 20 miles radius, my CCT seems obligated to find it and ride through it. I've never had an issue with a wet air filter, ever.

Now, my horn, yes. It works randomly whether it's wet or dry. I'm not sure if the problem is the horn button, the relay or the horn itself. But, yea, it works whenever it feels like it.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Now, my horn, yes. It works randomly whether it's wet or dry. I'm not sure if the problem is the horn button, the relay or the horn itself. But, yea, it works whenever it feels like it.
It is just oxidation inside the switches, I had the same, sometimes it worked simetimes not, just take a can of WD40 or somerhing like that, contact OFF and push that button 100 x , then put some compressed air to clean it out

Vic electrics are not very weather resistant ....

My jap bike was standing in rain and snow, never had a electrical issue with lights or horns, on the vics, hmmmmm

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
^^ This. Never had an issue with my TTS in rain.
I remember riding once where it was raining so hard that water was an inch and a half deep on the road... falling faster than it could run off... and the bike never missed a beat. If the filters are oiled, water just beads up and runs off like a windshield with RainX on it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't think the guy who installed mine oiled them at all. I'll be pulling the tank to remove & clean the cones this year- they'll get oiled this time.

They really don't look bad, either. 2nd full riding season I think. They aren't visibly red- but even up close they still look pretty reasonable.

If I'm using water to clean the bike- I just slip a gallon bag over them.

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
I don't think the guy who installed mine oiled them at all. I'll be pulling the tank to remove & clean the cones this year- they'll get oiled this time.

They really don't look bad, either. 2nd full riding season I think. They aren't visibly red- but even up close they still look pretty reasonable.

If I'm using water to clean the bike- I just slip a gallon bag over them.
Hey Judge, no need to remove tank if youve got the clamps lined up for access from below with a long screwdriver.
I never use a hose on the upper reaches of a Victory, theyre like cats they dont like getting forcibly wet...
Rain they tolerate ....just.
K&Ns work better dirty as well....to a point
Just sayin'

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey Judge, no need to remove tank if you've got the clamps lined up for access from below with a long screwdriver.
My initial eyeball test says that they are not aligned well for that purpose. I will examine that more closely and either way- they will be for the next time. Removing the tank by yourself can be a little nerve-racking.

I don't use water every time. But after some of the rides we take- sometimes it's the only option. Very light shower pattern, obviously minimal usage. I also tend to cover up hand switches, etc. Then- I immediately take my leaf blower to it top to bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts