Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

What do you recommend to repel rain from your windshield/Visor?

I've seen different reviews on waxes and also on the Rain-X plastic. What do you all recommend?

Thanks in advance!

- Lexi 馃檪

Registered
I've been using Plexus aerosol spray for longer than you may have been alive. Its a great cleaner and polish that leaves a nice, slick finish that rain flows off of. Very easy to use; spray and wipe.

Registered
I second Plexus as a cleaner.

As for your question I bought this.

Bike Brite (MM600) Moto Mask Blue Windscreen Rain Coating - 4 fl. oz.

I use it and it does work but not very long term. Nothing like RainX on real glass. I should probably put it on after each shower I go through but I don't.

Registered
Yellow bottle rain x got me through rain fine on second half of a 700 mile trip. Used on my helmet visor too.

Registered
I carry a can of Lemon Pledge with me at all times with some microfiber rags. Keeps the bugs from sticking and works well at keeping the shield clear of rain and scratch free. Been using it on bikes for years.

Premium Member
Plexus for on clear stuff.

But for cloths/shoes, I use a treatment that is made by Red Head, its in a aerosol can and it can treat your shoes or whatever other rain gear you are using. You spray it on, let it soak in for about half a day and then the water just beads off whatever its on. My Merrells now are truly waterproof after a good dose of that stuff.

Registered
Another vote for Plexus. I've tried RainX and ran into some problems with it driving at night with glare from oncoming headlights. That was on a windscreen, not a visor. I cannot remember using Plexus in the same circumstances though. I do hate riding in the rain and stay out of it whenever possible. Yes I'm a fair weather rider. I did my time in the rain day after day.

Lcorrente12
Please add model and year and where you live to your signature so we can help you better. What kind of windshield do you have. What ever you use more then likely will wash off in the first 20 miles or less in the rain

Registered
I use orange pledge. (Lemon attracts bees and such). You can find lots of posts that say using rain x for glass on plastic windshields is not a good thing. I think it can turn them hazy? I also "think" there is a rainx formulated for acrylic use now

Premium Member
Any rain clear for plastic will do, also anti-scratch stuff

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Registered
On shoes, chaps and such I use Camp Dri. Aerosol you spray on and let dry and it waterproofs those items. I also am from old school military if you keep polish on your boots they will stay dry.
As for windshield I stay away from the Rain x because of all the negative stuff I have heard about yellowing, and causing the hard kote to come off then it scratches easy. Old wives tail? I dunno but I cant afford to prove it out either. I use Plastex or my spray on detail wax I am using. They both work for awhile, but in a steady rain it will beat it off.

Registered
I buy gortex boots to ride in. Get them from Danner. The only drawback with the gortex boots are that they seem a little hotter in the summer. Pledge on the windshield, haven't found a bug yet that it won't remove quickly and it hides all the scratches. Keep a package of pledge wipes in every bike that we are actually using.

After reading this I'm going to try the plexus just to see how well it works.

Registered
I carry a can of Lemon Pledge with me at all times with some microfiber rags. Keeps the bugs from sticking and works well at keeping the shield clear of rain and scratch free. Been using it on bikes for years.
Do you use the pledge for the whole bike, or just the windshield? I've seen a few people say they ONLY use pledge, and I thought that was interesting. Will it work to clean the bike with?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Registered
Do you use the pledge for the whole bike, or just the windshield? I've seen a few people say they ONLY use pledge, and I thought that was interesting. Will it work to clean the bike with?

I used Pledge often to clean my Kingpin when I had it. I actually kept the Pledge wipes in the bag for touch ups.

On my Visions I have used Pledge but I usually use Plexus now. Not because I disliked or had an issue with Pledge.

As long as I have one or the other I'm happy.

Registered
My wife cleans her bike with pledge and it works great. However, we have been told to NOT use the lemon pledge as it will attract bees to the bike long after you are done with the cleaning due to the residual odor so we have always used a non-lemon scented pledge.

Registered
I used Pledge on my previous bikes but it didn't seem to shine the same on my CC...I've started using Wizards Mist and Shine and it's awesome and the windshield I just dish soap and water mixture and when wet rainx for plastic....

Ride Safe ,

Rob

Registered
Plexus for the windshield--Griot's Garage Detailer on the bike for a crazy slick and shiny result. Once you try it, you will never use anything else. Went to a car show and parked next to Griot's booth. Guy did half my hood that I had just done at home with another brand of detailer. The difference was dramatic. I bought some on the spot!

Registered
I've been using a Turtle Wax car wash liquid mixed with water for suds, then some spray wax for after I've rinsed and dried. Always made my Boulevard look nice. I've been interested in Pledge though, since I've read others using it.

I haven't washed my Vegas yet, but since I've had to pull the tank a couple times, its all greasy from my hands so I want to wash it soon. I'm worried about spraying it down with the hose though, especially now that I have Torque Tubes on it. The manual says to use low pressure water to spray it down, but I'm still hesitant. :|

1 - 20 of 29 Posts