Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining and in the 40's F. If I plan on riding it rains, paint the house it rains. Guess I could go out and talk to my motorcycle and drink a few beers, kind of early though.

·
13,040 Posts
I don't have rain just a sunny day but there talking snow. So am off to fill the tank and put in garage and hope pray for no snow. It is fun looking at the bike and dreaming what might be

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
We are kinda lucky here in Northern AZ. We do get some cold days (in the 40's) during the Winter but if one doesn't mind putting on a warm riding jacket occasionally one can ride year round here.

So far I haven't had to put on more than a leather shirt jacket but then I have good wind protection up front on both bikes.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Here in Indiana it's below normal temperatures and very wet. I've been very annoyed the last few weeks. A chance of rain doesn't bother me in summer but it's too cold to get wet now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here in Indiana it's below normal temperatures and very wet. I've been very annoyed the last few weeks. A chance of rain doesn't bother me in summer but it's too cold to get wet now.
same here in central NY... they aren't predicting any good weather for the next couple of weeks and they have already dropped salt for the first frosty morning... so eff you NY! bike is getting the end of season oil change and cleaning this weekend and then getting mothballed till spring...

·
Registered
585 Posts
same here in central NY... they aren't predicting any good weather for the next couple of weeks and they have already dropped salt for the first frosty morning... so eff you NY! bike is getting the end of season oil change and cleaning this weekend and then getting mothballed till spring...
Sad Day.:frown

Here on Long Island, the temps. stay a bit warmer because of all the water around us so we get to ride a bit longer into the season.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sad Day.:frown

Here on Long Island, the temps. stay a bit warmer because of all the water around us so we get to ride a bit longer into the season.
agreed... tis why i keep hammering the wife about moving south.... that and the nonsense here in upstate. done with NY but she perseveres because of her mom... but i have offered numerous times to help mom move on to the great beyond.... :devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Because of my back/leg thing, I haven't been on my bike since spring. So, for me, this was the riding season that wasn't. The bike has sat with stabilizer in the tank and its battery hooked up to life support.
Now that the NW Rain Festival has begun, I don't feel as bad about it as you fellows who have been riding up to now. I don't even have any winter projects for the bike, because it don't use up last winter's projects, one of which was installing a set of chrome forks. I haven't even been able to show them off, except to visitors.
Not complaining, mind you. I'm still vertical (almost) and on top of the lawn. I have 'til next spring to mend and maybe be back on two wheels again. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Managed a couple of days last week but the rain and wind has begin to settle in for the next few months. I'm presently in one of the very few places in Canada where you can ride year-round but I HATE riding in the rain. I've been running stabilizer for the last few weeks because you just never know which ride will be the end. Insurance runs out on Wednesday.

Time to change the oil, give it a check-up, a pat on the a$$ and throw the cover on it.

A couple of things I have already and some on the list of stuff I buy myself for Christmas might go on over the winter.

I can feel PMS coming on.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Insurance runs out on Wednesday. I can feel PMS coming on.
I don't know if Canadian insurance is different (I do know you have to buy it from the government) but what I do is SUSPEND my liability and collision and leave the comprehensive coverage in effect. That keeps the policy in effect and covers any theft or damage to the bike while parked in the garage.
I have had PMS (parked bike syndrome) since July. :crying

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Snow likely Sunday night and Monday in the South Plains of the Texas Panhandle. It has been a really wet fall here this year. So we will probably get a lot of snow this winter. So riding my be limited this winter. We do not have the snow removal equipment here to clear the roads in a timely manor.:frown

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I don't know if Canadian insurance is different (I do know you have to buy it from the government) but what I do is SUSPEND my liability and collision and leave the comprehensive coverage in effect. That keeps the policy in effect and covers any theft or damage to the bike while parked in the garage.
Shouldn't that be "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome"? :devil

I sure hope you get the all-clear to ride before winter makes it uncomfortable in your area. Maybe it already has.

Yesterday the weather turned cold (for us anyway) and windy. The mid-60's are okay but the wind makes it feel much colder of course. Plus the mid-60's are only the high which doesn't last long on these short days. Most of the daylight hours are below 50. Still rideable but as you know; we are acclimated to a warmer temp so below 50 feels like below 30 to the Northerners. We ride most the year though so we take these cold days in stride. The low desert areas stay nice and warm though. (70's and 80's)

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Shouldn't that be "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome"? :devil
Didn't you know that "M" is the Roman numeral for 'bike'? :D :D

·
Registered
623 Posts

No Ricz we don't buy our insurance from the gov up here in Canuckville...years ago use to have unsatisfied judgement but that doesn't exist anymore...just regular insurance rip off artists now...and no we can't suspend....we have to pay for the whole year or drop the insurance and then pay a premium when you put insurance back on .....so we pay 12 months and ride 4 LOL bit of an exageration there lol

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Relevant video:
FortNine - Best Ever Rain Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZwKxZh2Gg
Watched his video last night. A lot of it made good sense, the re-coat of muck off stuff. I have use camp dry on our boots for a couple years now. But here in Florida, rain gear for most of the year is nothing but a sweat suit. If its 90 deg and a shower comes up, unless its a frog choker I keep diggin. 10-15 min in the rain suit and you'll be just as wet as if you rode thru the shower.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
No Ricz we don't buy our insurance from the gov up here in Canuckville...years ago use to have unsatisfied judgement but that doesn't exist anymore...just regular insurance rip off artists now...and no we can't suspend....we have to pay for the whole year or drop the insurance and then pay a premium when you put insurance back on .....so we pay 12 months and ride 4 LOL bit of an exaggeration there lol
Rob,
I'm behind times about auto insurance in BC. Can you do this to save $; When your rising season ends, discontinue your full coverage policy and buy a comprehensive only policy for the hibernation period. One should always have comp on a vehicle, even one that's dismantled. Then you are covered if the garage caves in, burns, is vandalized or is burgled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts