Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome on the lower half of my triple tree is flaking off. Just wondering if I put on a new 5 degree rake kit with the stock front wheel, would it look goofy? Anyone have any pictures of one with the 18" wheel up front?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The chrome on the lower half of my triple tree is flaking off. Just wondering if I put on a new 5 degree rake kit with the stock front wheel, would it look goofy? Anyone have any pictures of one with the 18" wheel up front?
Goofy and tilted downward in the front. Remember that the rake kits are designed for a larger wheel/tire in the front so the geometry would be off with a "normal" front wheel & you might feel like you are riding downhill :ltr: all the time.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
You could lower the back end to compensate but what you really have to look at are the numbers of the rake and trail. They have to be within a certain range or the bike will ride like chit.

Check out the site below to find out if you can do this. You will need to know what the original rake is and go from there.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html

·
Registered
212 Posts
I get the impression it might look like one of those Low Rider Impala's with the small wheels on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found some pictures....changed my mind in a hurry! Freeking ugly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts