Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some different bars, I found both ram and fly bars on ebay to look at. The ness flys don't give a very good desription, just that they are a little higher with 2" of pullback. The ram bars I found on ebay, the seller has 2 sets of bars and doesn't seem to know which they have, they have them listed, 2 different descriptions, 2 part numbers. What is the difference between the ram Hi bars and the ness fly bars? The ram bars have the demensions of
30.25 wide
12.5 high
10.25 pullback
1.25" diameter where the stuff clamps on.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see that in the pics, but what about the heights and pullbacks. I can't find a decent description anywhere for any of the bars! I looked at several places, some I can't even find the ram bars for the victory, I think one of them was the ness site itself.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone running the Ram bars? Are they basically the same as the ness flys? I am watching a set right now and I need to get something different, or my back does anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the supposed Ram bars on ebay, they werent sure what exactly they had, but they said it was what was in the pic. I hope they work!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, I hope I like them!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the ram bars showed up today, they are the low ones, i was told they were the ones in the ebay pic, which is taller(high) ones, these will not work for me, so depending on what the store says I may have a set for sale!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
What do yours measure out to? --RAM-HI--
Width = 30-1/4"
Rise = 12-1/2"
Pullback = 10-1/4"
Diameter = 1-1/4"
--RAM-LOW--
Width = 30-1/4"
Rise = 10-3/4"
Pullback = 11-1/2"
Diameter = 1-1/4"

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, i know which ones i have, what i am asking is based on the pics, i bought this set of bars thats in the uploaded pic, it was suppose to be the ones in the ebay pic, I asked the seller several questions, they have 2 part numbers in the listing, the 2 different descriptions, then the pic. i asked several times which ones they are selling, couldn't get a straight answer, then i asked if what is in the pic is for sale, if that is what i get if i buy the bars, they said YES! Do you think i got the bars in the pic?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after several messages to the seller on ebay he is going to take the bars back, he still doesn't see that his listing is not very clear on what a person gets, and still thinks that the pic, which is what he told me that I would recieve, is not of the part numbers in the listing. He did change his listing for the next auction though, but still has the pic in it, and has 2 different part numbers, but doesn't have the 2 different descriptions.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like some bikes do, but the vegas I don't think does.

·
Registered
566 Posts
oh man, those could look nice on my hammer. Post a pic when you get them installed please :)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your asking me, I sent them back and got my money back, they weren't the ones I wanted, they were to short, they are on ebay again, 150 something shipped.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If your asking me, I sent them back and got my money back, they weren't the ones I wanted, they were to short, they are on ebay again, 150 something shipped.
Gotcha. It would just be nice to see them on a bike. It's just so hard to find examples of what you want.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear ya! I think I am wanted the fly bars, I need the bars to come up taller and back about the same as stock, the ram bars didn't come back or up higher then what I had already.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I hear ya! I think I am wanted the fly bars, I need the bars to come up taller and back about the same as stock, the ram bars didn't come back or up higher then what I had already.
Thanks.

I'm just starting to look because I really want a much more relaxed riding position on my hammer. Feet forward (2 inch forward controls) and I don't want to have to reach for the handle bars to where I'm leaning forward. I'm guessing about 13 inch pullback is what I need.

At this stage I'm seriously considering punisher fatty t-bars. I guess factory jackpot handlebars with 2inch risers could also be an option for me. I'm not looking for looks, just comfort.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going with the ness fly bars. And yes, you do need a longer brake line. And if your bike is older than a 2005 you will need a new triple tree also BC the bolts are bigger now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts