Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I hooked up my MTX-L a/f ratio meter to better tune my ride. Well apart from my readings which on cruise were around 13.8, when I romped on it, it would hit 14.6 then back to the 13s.

I disconnected the ground on the VFC3 to see what the ECU would do. It was reading high 15s. I thought with the o2s disconnected it would be richer not, super lean.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bikes come with narrowband o2, the afr has a wideband o2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
263 Posts
So, I hooked up my MTX-L a/f ratio meter to better tune my ride. Well apart from my readings which on cruise were around 13.8, when I romped on it, it would hit 14.6 then back to the 13s.

I disconnected the ground on the VFC3 to see what the ECU would do. It was reading high 15s. I thought with the o2s disconnected it would be richer not, super lean.
Interesting results. 13.8 is actually a pretty good AFR for general non-hiway cruising from what I've found in my tuning. However, I'm at a loss to explain why you would get leaner when you romped on it. Bear in mind, however, that the VFC is not responding to your post-combustion output like a normal closed loop system. So the readings you're getting on the a/f meter aren't a factor in the VFC's digital decision making of how much fuel to feed.

Personally, I wouldn't fixate on any instantaneous results. I'd focus on the results you're getting at different fixed throttle/rpm/speed conditions, and maybe the responses as you steadily increase the throttle as in passing or ramping up to highway speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts